• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex w/ Simons CPRFront Mount Turbo Pics

hey jeff where's your turbo trail kit for the apex ? still trying to buy powderlites fuel system can't figure it out for yourself? dave is way ahead of you.

IM SORRY IM NOT TRYING TO BE UNCIVIL ABOUT ANYTHING. WE JUST HEARD A RUMOR AND WE WANTED TO KNOW THE TRUTH THATS ALL. I RESPECT JEFF AND HIS ACOMPLISHMENTS IN EVERY ASPECT. HE HAS DONE GREAT THINGS. SORRY AGAIN :yam:

To all users!

That is why we police this site so much, is because of a lot of hearsay that is not true. Before a post gets a lot of hearsay, please pm the people you need to get the truth from. In this case, someone said it was a simon's mounted rear turbo..........1 call or a pm would have had this cleared up.

JEFF I HAVE A SLIP FROM MARTIN, MICHIGAN IN WHICH YOU RAN 8.8 147MPH WHEN YOU RAN OUT OF NITROUS. AND YOU RAN 8.19 155MPH THE RUN BEFORE THAT WITH DAN WADE DRIVING TRUE OR NOT?

DANTHEMAN said:
JEFF I HAVE A SLIP FROM MARTIN, MICHIGAN IN WHICH YOU RAN 8.8 147MPH WHEN YOU RAN OUT OF NITROUS. AND YOU RAN 8.19 155MPH THE RUN BEFORE THAT WITH DAN WADE DRIVING TRUE OR NOT?

DAN

This is your last warning. I asked you to play nice but you seem to want to discredit Mr Simon. If you would like to start a new post to clarify Jeffs time slips, feel free. But your posts have nothing to do with the original topic. Thank you for your understanding...BBY

dan the man, look at the time slips, break down each et for each distance, you will see that when the clutch engaged and the turbo was not spooled, it bogged the engine resulting in a horrible 60 ft time, (that is where all the et was lost) once the turbo recovered and spooled up getting into its power, you will see the split times after that and the rest of the way down the track were very comparible, so i guess that just proved once and for all what i'm saying is the truth. since you have the slips please do me the favor of posting them so we can all see what i,m tell you is what happened. the simple fact is that we did what we did and now because we are on top people want to try and discredit us. it really takes alot of the fun out of it. jeff

snow raider, i get the feeling you are trying to bash me as others have just stated here. theres not alot to figure out about the apex fuel system, we haven't released our kits because we're swamped with demands for our high output race turbos. we are filling that niche right now. When our apex turbo kits do come out you will NOT see a piggy back controller as other performance shops are using.
Piggy back systems cannot properly control the fuel delivery as needed throughout the various throttle positions and various boost per throttle position conditions you will see during normal operation, some positions are acceptable, some rich, some lean. you end up with a compromised fuel curve thats trying to overlap too much range because of limited data input and will not provide an always proper fuel mixture. This is not to say it won't work, it just has compromises that a fuel injected system should not have to deal with. To do the fuel injection system justice, you need alot more maps available to vary adjustments depending on a wide range of boost. The stock system works great for its intended design, but it doesn't have this capability built into the system, so this means starting over completely and designing your own ignition and fuel delivery system that will directly replace the stock system. That is what WE will be releasing when the time comes and to my knowledge a system like this is currently not out there. Jeff

Keep up the good work Jeff! We all want to see you first to 200 mph!

Deek

SIMONS CPR said:
The stock system works great for its intended design, but it doesn't have this capability built into the system, so this means starting over completely and designing your own ignition and fuel delivery system that will directly replace the stock system. That is what WE will be releasing when the time comes and to my knowledge a system like this is currently not out there. Jeff

Wow all this for 5 Grand?!! This will be the system to get! Better hurry before yami replaces the apex with something else though!

I guess its better to not release something that's going to colaspe exhaust pipes, or have turbos come loose from the header, or have way to much heat and transfer it to the rotor/caliper and have no brakes coming down hill. Why does it matter so much if CPR doesn't have a kit out yet. Jeff said he busy building RX1 kits, so leave it at that.

hey snowraider how's your turbo kit coming?everything that jeff makes is awesome and works when it comes out.if it takes time to make something that works i'll wait

RED said:
I guess its better to not release something that's going to colaspe exhaust pipes, or have turbos come loose from the header, or have way to much heat and transfer it to the rotor/caliper and have no brakes coming down hill. Why does it matter so much if CPR doesn't have a kit out yet. Jeff said he busy building RX1 kits, so leave it at that.

just checked my exhaust today, and happy to report they are still good. I had some used sets lined up ready to buy, but i can hold off for now. noob

Back