• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front mount turbo eps apex

sledfvr

Pro
I'm wondering about putting my ported/built head from my 06 apex on a 2011 or newer eps sled and bottom end, with an alpine front mount turbo with a 2871 garrett. I have Boost it standalone box with auxiliary injectors so the sled runs on its stock computer and has 4 injectors in the innercooler.
How would this work with the exup? Also wondering how much room there is under the power steering motor/steering post for the header?
I know people have swapped older engines into newer eps models, but didn't see anything quite like this.
A 174" mountain apex with power steering would be nice.
Thanks guys.

Allen Ulmer would likely be the guy to talk to about this kind of thing. You’d be best to call the Ulmer Racing shop to get a hold of him, he’s generally pretty busy this time of year. @Srxspec

I don't think there's enough room to run the front mount with the EPS motor there. I think oiling holes are different and you can put a 2006-2010 head on a 2011+ block either.

How would this work with the exup? Also wondering how much room there is under the power steering motor/steering post for the header?
I know people have swapped older engines into newer eps models, but didn't see anything quite like this.
A 174" mountain apex with power steering would be nice.
Thanks guys.
Won't work sorry, I looked into it a few years back. Your only option is the MCX rear mount kit which keeps the Exup in place and is a fricken ripper on the 2011+. Just be careful boosting 11+ motors the pistons are different and not as robust. If you do a 11+ I would have the engine built first.

Back