• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 strokes banned

Alam300

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Mont tremblant park in Quebec says 4 stroke snowmobiles only.

Attachments

• 06217DAD-AC38-47ED-8088-7A95421306DA.png
    06217DAD-AC38-47ED-8088-7A95421306DA.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 287

Oh boy here we go.......this should be fun as the two smokers who always ride the last quarter of tank so the KNOW they weigh less than 4strokes with near empty tank can start to tak about the new improved exhaust gas of the modern direct injection 2 strokes
LOL

I never ride around the Tremblant area. They are not very snowmobile friendly, so I chose to spend my money elsewhere.

Last edited:
Banning your choice of engine is a very bad path to go down. Liberalism run amok in Canada.
Same thing at Yellow stone park

Btw this trail is just 32km. We have ~~~ 32 oookm of groomed trail acrossQuebec

For now everyone can go there even 2 stoke...

Banning your choice of engine is a very bad path to go down. Liberalism run amok in Canada.
Now, the correct thing to do would be that ALL snowmobilers band together and boycott that trail/area if at all possible. Until you hit government (via business owners) where it hurts, the bureaucrats are going to single out small segments of the sport and impose sanctions. Until we fight back as a "collective", our voices will remain smaller and less vocal.
If this continues, it will only be a matter of time before more sanctions are levied against another segment. Say, four strokes with carbs, for example.

BRP is a Quebec based company and it would be in their best interest to approach this issue. They wouldn't want their precious Etecs excluded from any riding area in their own backyard.

I wonder if it's a noise issue (they'd be better off banning aftermarket cans) or a perceived pollution issue?

I doubt the rule will last long, someone will challenge it. It would stand on privately owned land but I don't see it lasting on public land unless there's a really good reason to discriminate.

That trail was previously closed completely. So its not so much a ban of 2 strokes, but a re-introduction of snowmobiles starting by the 4 strokes....with limited speeds, times and a toll fee to top it off.

I know this is a small area but if we let the government or agencies start shutting down or limiting use then it will just get worse over time. It doesn't matter if its a 2S or a 4S. We as a snowmobile community need to stand together so we don't keep losing our riding areas. There was a huge push out west this last year to get some big riding zones shut down but because of the sledding community those areas stayed open.

I know this is a small area but if we let the government or agencies start shutting down or limiting use then it will just get worse over time. It doesn't matter if its a 2S or a 4S. We as a snowmobile community need to stand together so we don't keep losing our riding areas. There was a huge push out west this last year to get some big riding zones shut down but because of the sledding community those areas stayed open.
Like I said above : we are not losing anything on this specific trail, It was closed completely last year.

Like I said above : we are not losing anything on this specific trail, It was closed completely last year.
Yeah I understand that completely. I'm just stating a point.

You are absolutely right. Everybody is screaming here........ this trail was close the last 3 years..... and we have a "new gouvernement" here in Quebec" ! They simply wanted to fulfill a political promise. FCMQ has nothing to do whit it .

Back