• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 nytro refresh, help/ advice needed plenty of pictures!

Those '06 Nytros had an issue with warping idler wheels. I remember Yamaha sent out a TSB on them, I think anyway. But I remember the same thing happening on mine. At the time Yamaha replaced them with a solid plastic wheel with no rubber on the outside. Regardless .... warped idlers on an '06 Nytro is no big surprise.
Yeah that’s what I’m hearing, I’m going to replace them with the excel ones from barn of parts. I’m also looking for instructions for the oillite bushing kit I checked FAQ and did a quick search but came up with nothing. Also with that kit do I need the “small spindle bushing kit” from them as well or was everything included. It came with zero instructions or diagrams and I’m just learning to work on my own stuff. My dads with me helping (I’d be no where with out him) but I want to learn)

Yeah that’s what I’m hearing, I’m going to replace them with the excel ones from barn of parts. I’m also looking for instructions for the oillite bushing kit I checked FAQ and did a quick search but came up with nothing. Also with that kit do I need the “small spindle bushing kit” from them as well or was everything included. It came with zero instructions or diagrams and I’m just learning to work on my own stuff. My dads with me helping (I’d be no where with out him) but I want to learn)
Sorry, no experience with the bushing kit on that sled. Can’t help you there.

Cannondale27 saved me big time with my shocks and can’t thank him enough.. Now I might have to make a 10 hour round trip drive to pick up the rest of my parts from Travis so it can finally be done!

Trails look like this...
esjk2t.jpg

esjk2t.jpg

And I just pulled this out of my lower A-Arm
jq4xed.jpg

The nytro will miss opening weekend ): I’ll be there on the back up.. 1997 mkz 583.. fun sled but no where near my nytro

esjk2t.jpg
When I go to edit I can see the picture but when I bring it up on the page it does not come up..

i can see the pics just fine.

control arm bolt at the spindle i assume? i have had to do them on my apex when i discovered i had tweaked the front end on a tree previous to my gf hitting one dead on with it.

i can see the pics just fine.

control arm bolt at the spindle i assume? i have had to do them on my apex when i discovered i had tweaked the front end on a tree previous to my gf hitting one dead on with it.
Yup, that’s the pic I sent you, control arms are completely straight and good to go so something def happened some where down the line. Travis is sending me some more parts abs I’ll have it together by Thursday hopefully.. gotta ride next weekend as well lol

Welp whole skid is back together and under ref sled, having a hell of a time getting it lined up.. any advice?

a3d2mu.jpg

My new spindles..
2u59frb.jpg

My freshly rebuilt shocks by cannondale27
t6z63d.jpg

All new oillite bushings

2jfb43.jpg

4th wheel kit

Not pictures new 2in handle bar riser, also forgot to change the oil and filter when I had the front end apart. So I have to do that and toe it in tomorrow and I’m done! Almost all parts where from Travis at barn of parts, only things I had to get from dealer was two 5in idler wheels due to some confusion on my end. Sending them and some duplicate parts back to him in the AM. Next pictures should be on the snow!

rkvqsp.jpg

And she’s done! Also may polish the tunnel when I have it in there any advice?

Last edited:

Back