• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 yamaha rs venture gt

Don't think the 2009 vintage sleds have grease fitting in the front end like the newer ones do.
That is correct. The front end would need disassembled for greasing.

I just installed all new bushings up front. I also installed the bulkhead saver kit. It was a chore to remove one of the outer lower a arm bolts . Took heat and alot of .hitting. The other lower bolt came out easy but had a little wave to it. I replaced both lower bolts from the dealer. Front end is nice and tight. I decided to inspect the runners on the bottom of the skis. It looks like they need to be replaced. I see on ebay a new set by kimpex delivered for $45. Is this what i should be looking at? In my reading i see alot of opinions on carbides. I just want to keep it simple. Thanks

I just installed all new bushings up front. I also installed the bulkhead saver kit. It was a chore to remove one of the outer lower a arm bolts . Took heat and alot of .hitting. The other lower bolt came out easy but had a little wave to it. I replaced both lower bolts from the dealer. Front end is nice and tight. I decided to inspect the runners on the bottom of the skis. It looks like they need to be replaced. I see on ebay a new set by kimpex delivered for $45. Is this what i should be looking at? In my reading i see alot of opinions on carbides. I just want to keep it simple. Thanks

As to...Runners (carbides) the 3 most popular choices you'll see on this site are:

Woody's Doolies
Snow Trackers
Bergstrom Triple Points

I for one will recommend the Doolies with 6" of carbide. Easy to install (3 bolts per ski), eliminates darting and makes the sled track in a predictable manner. They last forever on good snow. Been uing them for 15 years and won't use anything else. They are about $110 per set.

After all you've done to the sled, now is not the time (IMO) to cheap out on the runners!

You are right. I just read further into the carbides and i think i am going to get a quality set. My question is either 6" or 8". My track is not studded and i am heavy at 240 dressed plus the passenger. I will be riding on all trails.

I just looked up the Woody doolies dy6-6580. The reviews are good. I want to know if these are the ones you are referring to before I order. Thanks

Welcome to the site as well, and congrats on the new to you sled.
You are off to a Great start, getting a couple upgrades that will give you many years of realiable use!
This site is a Great resource of information. And their are many guys on here that will help you in anyway they can.

I just looked up the Woody doolies dy6-6580. The reviews are good. I want to know if these are the ones you are referring to before I order. Thanks

Yes they are. 6 or 8 inch on your sled with your size to me is a bit of a toss up. If you find yourself riding on icy conditions often you might try the 8 inch vs. the 6 inch. If you order the 6" and think you need more bite then I'd seriously consider buy them off of you for a fair price.

Yes they are. 6 or 8 inch on your sled with your size to me is a bit of a toss up. If you find yourself riding on icy conditions often you might try the 8 inch vs. the 6 inch. If you order the 6" and think you need more bite then I'd seriously consider buy them off of you for a fair price.
Thanks for all the advice. After doing some extensive reading I decided and oredered the Bergstrom Triple carbides. Hopefully the last set I will need. I have some questiuons on the suspension. I am inspecting and adjusting the front and the rear. The front had a little oil near the reservoir gray nut. I tightened it and it seemed to stop. I adjusted the rear to the middle settings and it seems that the rear shock does not fully rebound like the front. I adjust the compression knob and it does not seem to make a diff. If I compress the rear it will not come back up to the top of the stroke. It stays low about 3 inches. Not sure if this is normal? Would the shocks be worn out at 4600 miles? Is there a good place for a rebuild or replacement if needed? Thanks

Thanks for all the advice. After doing some extensive reading I decided and oredered the Bergstrom Triple carbides. Hopefully the last set I will need. I have some questiuons on the suspension. I am inspecting and adjusting the front and the rear. The front had a little oil near the reservoir gray nut. I tightened it and it seemed to stop. I adjusted the rear to the middle settings and it seems that the rear shock does not fully rebound like the front. I adjust the compression knob and it does not seem to make a diff. If I compress the rear it will not come back up to the top of the stroke. It stays low about 3 inches. Not sure if this is normal? Would the shocks be worn out at 4600 miles? Is there a good place for a rebuild or replacement if needed? Thanks

Now you have to make sure that your toe in/out is set right on and that your skis are shimmed properly. Good luck......let the search function be your friend.

As to your shocks, they are all due for a rebuild, especially the one that was leaking fluid.

Good choice on triples.

The sled is back together. I installed the Berg triples 8" with the shims and ski savers it came with. I adjusted the toe out to 3/8". It was out to 3/4". I have a question on the leaking shock. There is a slight oil leak on the adj knob on the top of the shock at the reservoir. Can I remove the gray nut to possibly replace an oring to maybe extend the life of the shock to stop the oil leak? Is it under pressure of any kind if i remove the nut to check it out?

Last edited:
I have a question on the leaking shock. There is a slight oil leak on the adj knob on the top of the shock at the reservoir. Can I remove the gray nut to possibly replace an oring to maybe extend the life of the shock to stop the oil leak? Is it under pressure of any kind if i remove the nut to check it out?

I am not a shock expert but I don't think you can or would want to try to perform a quick fix on this. Most likely the fluid inside the shock is now contaminated,

Best to take the shock off (easy job) and take it to a local place that will rebuild the shock which is not a costly process (~40?) .

I figured the same. I am going to wait until after the season and then send out all four shocks to get rebuilt at once. I think they have another season in them.

I am also trying to determine if my sled is considered a 2009 model? It was manufactured on 8/08.

Back