• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Yamaha RS 1000 4 stroke won`t stay going without throttle and is exhausting black smoke.

TPC

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Venture RS 1000 4 Stroke
My 2103 Yamaha Venture RS 1000 4 stroke won`t stay going without throttle and is exhausting black smoke.

Start with a fresh set of plugs. Sounds like one or more is wet and/or carbon fouled. That's the sooty, rich exhaust smoke.

Have you been starting it and shutting it off before it gets up to operating temp??

Start with a fresh set of plugs. Sounds like one or more is wet and/or carbon fouled. That's the sooty, rich exhaust smoke.

Have you been starting it and shutting it off before it gets up to operating temp??
It`s has been warmed up and no lights on before use...Not sure what you mean by shutting it off before being warmed up...How do you change the sparkplugs?...This is my first 4 stroke.

It`s has been warmed up and no lights on before use...Not sure what you mean by shutting it off before being warmed up...How do you change the sparkplugs?...This is my first 4 stroke.
My first question is fuel, what gas is in it? Is this old fuel?ethanol or non ethanol? As far as starting he was talking about people who will start the sled& run it a minute & shut it off, then 2 weeks later they do the same thing, this will sometimes cause spark plug fouling, please tell us more about the machine, how many miles? How is it stored? Is this a new machine for you etc usually if the plugs are fouled you can tell immediately as the engine runs rough & stumbles &doesn’t sound smooth

Back