• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Sidewinder 14.4lbs boost at 270

My 240ss is usually around 14.5, 270ss 17.5, 300 19.5-20. Hits pretty well right away as long as I have traction.

My 240ss is usually around 14.5, 270ss 17.5, 300 19.5-20. Hits pretty well right away as long as I have traction.
Through a series of pm’s with some helpful members it seems a few of these low boost/ slow spooling sleds have been cured with better mufflers. You have good boost, what are you running for a muffler?

Running hurricane trail muffler. I had the sm ss tunes before and boost was still in the 14s on the 240.

Running hurricane trail muffler. I had the sm ss tunes before and boost was still in the 14s on the 240.
The sm ss tunes are calibrated to work with the flow level of the stock muffler so they will boost/ fuel and perform correctly with those mufflers. A pm tune with an idadequate muffler will have negative effects. May not be the cause in my case but im seeing a trend so maybe worth a try.

Is that the Precision muffler? You got me thinking about mine now........
Yes, long story but I doubted its flow capacity because jumping from 270 stock muffler flash to 290 performance flash wasnt much of a difference at all for me. My buddies sled with precision 3r spent a day on track dyno and they have pulls with precision muffler and it gave up a large amount of power over a dd tech 2 muffler, dont remember exact figures but was quite substantial for both mufflers being 2.5”. I think the precision is similiar to a muffler mod flow wise, in my opinion.

How was it sound wise? that was the main attraction for me on the PEFI muffler.
makes sense now why my buddies 240 ss sm flash was creeping on my 270 TM flash.......

How was it sound wise? that was the main attraction for me on the PEFI muffler.
makes sense now why my buddies 240 ss sm flash was creeping on my 270 TM flash.......
The dd tech muffler is too loud for trails imo but makes power. Im gonna see if I can find that dyno graph, it was quite surprising/ disturbing lol

When I got my hurricane trail muffler I drove it for 2km down the river to my buddies house to get the pm flash on it it was seriously over boosting and over reving on the sm flash. Very free flowing muffler compared to stock. I would imagine if I put the stock muffler back on with hurricanes pm tune it would be under reving/ boosting. Dave's dyno numbers were setup with his trail muffler on his pm tune. I don't find his muffler to loud for trail use. A td Sq I'm assuming would be around the same.

I have heard and ridden on and with the Hurricane trail muffler------too loud for me.
Dave told me DO NOT run the trail muffler tune with the stock muffler.

I have heard and ridden on and with the Hurricane trail muffler------too loud for me.
Dave told me DO NOT run the trail muffler tune with the stock muffler.
Just for some clarification here please of mufflers: I'm running the 2.5" sandale now with 270r hurricane tune. Runs great but is too loud on the trail for me nowadays so looking for a quieter alternative that doesn't rob big HP.. Dave says his free flowing stock muffler mod will flow just fine with that 270r tune and it's stock sound. Are you guys referring to his trail muffler or his mod muffler that is still too loud? I saw a few stock mods for sale a while back used and makes me wonder what the story was with them..

ive been chasing 4lbs of boost since November and spent nearly 50hrs in the shop chasing this. I went with a Hurricane tune 240-270-300 and when doing so asked the question whether or not my GGB mountain can was going to be ok with the tune. It should have been fine.

It's now March and I went with a TD 3" intimidator pipe. Boost is bang on now and we dont have the trail systems you guys have out east like in Sask so sound wise its annoying but the pipe cured all!

Back