• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

The two stroke sled manufacturers have to bring a new sled to market every three years.

Do you know why?

Well the last model was a piece of crap after two years and I don't want to buy the same one again so I hope the new model is better and buys another one!

This is not said about a Yamaha sled.
They are reliable and last longer!

I see a lot of Yamaha sleds on the trails here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Oh ya! Here's one!

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzz5zzzzzzzzzzzz6z.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzz5zzzzzzzzzzzz6z.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 98

I normally ride in NE lower Michigan however, the last two seasons no snow and have to be riding in the UP. I have seen lots of Yamahas and 4 stroke cats, so the people who keep saying nobody wants 4 stroke I call :crap:And lets face it, why buy new when your 4s is going to last for years...
I still have my 07 apex RTX that I bought new.. has a new M10 air in the back now but I have NO reason to replace it! The only thing I might replace it with in a couple years at retirement is a viper platform with a 141" for riding more off trail and ice fish. good post by the way...

Have you been on a 2016 or newer Yamaha Vector XTX yet.
The Vector was updated with new engine, different driving modes in computer, and new rear suspension. With the updated rear shock it rides very very good!

I will take this sled any day over a Viper for trail riding!

I'am with you.

You’re all a bunch of sallys. I think we have the best riding, best handling, best looking, and best motors built to date by any manufacturer. I have a winder ltx le, I haven’t had one problem and every time I get on it I have a ear to ear grin. I suspect if you guys got what you wanted there would be a thread like this with people bitching about how they don’t like the grade 8 bolts in it, and should have grade 5. Stop buying into the bs posted on here and put them on a trailer and go find snow before it’s gone.

I am sure just ripping down a trail or lake the more power makes it feel lighter and in real terms lbs/hp it is...hence the reason I would love a 150hp in NA Viper, it would make the Viper feel 50 lbs lighter even though it wouldn't actually be lighter and that's what I am saying....but I being a ditch banger/cross over guy would love the 150 hp and lighter(especially in a cat quality chassis )....trail riding only I would love an 06 attack GT...I am in no way arguing just saying my riding style with the cat chassis and the 600+ pounds just dosn't work but that's just for my style...still may look for a good attack gt to use for trails..

I just can't see ditch banging with any of the 4s sleds or doing much deep snow off trail stuff. For sure this is where the 2s machines shine. At my age I am not into that anymore and yes I can see why Yamaha is considered the old man's sled. I'll be 55 this year and though I am in good shape and still ride hard it's 99% on the trails so the 4s suits me perfect. I love the reliability, no smoke, gas and go, no tinkering at this point in my life.

I was really hoping they were going to do another 4s turbo in something like the 850 4s motors that were mentioned. The cool thing about the turbo as we now know with the SW/TCat is you can flash for more power if needed. The Viper,Vector,Apex or brand X versions.......you pretty much got what you got other than aftermarket chargers.

This makes great pillow talk. If you switch brands, it's all good. Yamaha folds, you did the right thing for you. Yamaha stays, jmho....you'll be back.

Skidoo blew a big fart with the 850. Im getting the squirts even thinking about it. 900t...well take your chances. Not to mention, out of my price range for 150h/p sled. $16k......pass.
Polaris 800 was down on power 140+/-. So they build an 850 at a power output increase of 9%. Of which 8% could have been gotten from 800.....lol. what a joke. Lol....

It's really simple. Now what?
Oh brother! If all you want to do is go 122mph in a straight line then buy a Sidewinder. In 2017, the Polaris Switchback Assault was the consensus number one choice for best sled of the year in a number of media forums- Magazine, TV etc etc.
Sidewinder wasn’t close, won’t be for 2018 and with their 2019 model releases, sure as hell won’t be in the running. Last fall (17), I drank the ade, spent more money, thinking I was getting that legendary Yamaha quality. BS! The depreciation I am going to have to eat to get back to where I was- a light, nimble, quick 2 stroke, that vibrated (not nearly as bad as that s---ty Yamaha clutch!),smelled a bit of oil, got beat across the lake by the Sidewinders etc etc, but cost less $$$ and was WAY more fun. I could throw the 17 Renegade 850 in the corners, lift the skis and laugh about it all day long. Never had an issue all winter. It cost $14,000. The 18 RTX 50th cost $20,000 and blew the oil reservoir with 600kms. Yup- Yamaha quality for an extra $6000 and it’s not even remotely close to being as much fun as a 2 stroke, unless I’m WOT in a straight line. Boring as hell now that I’ve experienced it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re all a bunch of sallys. I think we have the best riding, best handling, best looking, and best motors built to date by any manufacturer. I have a winder ltx le, I haven’t had one problem and every time I get on it I have a ear to ear grin. I suspect if you guys got what you wanted there would be a thread like this with people bitching about how they don’t like the grade 8 bolts in it, and should have grade 5. Stop buying into the bs posted on here and put them on a trailer and go find snow before it’s gone.

Gotta admit, this thing is growing on me....not been lake racing, but she's had some snot beat out in all this heavy wet snow, mudholes, open swamps...lmao...friggin thing is awesome...I'm getting worn out, in a good way!!LOL! Again, where the hell are all the 850's?????? Maybe all shined up for next winter??? Rode with an 05 vector tonight....had a blast!! (ok, the 40 inches settled and we picked up another 10 today.....sled works pretty well ...but maybe I should have read a magazine like Stuportrax and stayed inside cuz it's not a lightweight poo poo or doo doo 2 smoker!)
2018-03-07 22.58.02.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta admit, this thing is growing on me....not been lake racing, but she's had some snot beat out in all this heavy wet snow, mudholes, open swamps...lmao...friggin thing is awesome...I'm getting worn out, in a good way!!LOL! Again, where the hell are all the 850's?????? Maybe all shined up for next winter??? Rode with an 05 vector tonight....had a blast!! (ok, the 40 inches settled and we picked up another 10 today.....sled works pretty well ...but maybe I should have read a magazine like Stuportrax and stayed inside cuz it's not a lightweight poo poo or doo doo 2 smoker!)View attachment 138963
Yup quit thinking and just get out and ride!

It will be interesting to see if they did away with the ROV on this Lake Racer. If you roll it, you have bigger issues.

Oh brother! If all you want to do is go 122mph in a straight line then buy a Sidewinder. In 2017, the Polaris Switchback Assault was the consensus number one choice for best sled of the year in a number of media forums- Magazine, TV etc etc.
Sidewinder wasn’t close, won’t be for 2018 and with their 2019 model releases, sure as hell won’t be in the running. Last fall (17), I drank the ade, spent more money, thinking I was getting that legendary Yamaha quality. BS! The depreciation I am going to have to eat to get back to where I was- a light, nimble, quick 2 stroke, that vibrated (not nearly as bad as that s---ty Yamaha clutch!),smelled a bit of oil, got beat across the lake by the Sidewinders etc etc, but cost less $$$ and was WAY more fun. I could throw the 17 Renegade 850 in the corners, lift the skis and laugh about it all day long. Never had an issue all winter. It cost $14,000. The 18 RTX 50th cost $20,000 and blew the oil reservoir with 600kms. Yup- Yamaha quality for an extra $6000 and it’s not even remotely close to being as much fun as a 2 stroke, unless I’m WOT in a straight line. Boring as hell now that I’ve experienced it.

Finesy,
Sorry that your unhappy that sucks!
My solution to your problem is two different sleds. They haven’t made a sled that can do both extremely well. If I’m going to be riding tight twisty trails I take the old SRX, seriously no stand up rider style sleds cannot beat the lower old school sleds in the corners. If I’m going up to Michigan and riding the RR grades and big sweepers I take the turbo viper.
I’m surprised that being in Ontario you don’t like the big power machine. Maybe your area is different than the trails I have ridden there.

Back