• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019s

Here it is! 2019 SRX!

Same as Tcat

Looks like a new tunnel bag....

Thanks for posting up that link Dan. It was up for the better part of one hour before someone yanked it from the web. Since it was on the Yamaha Motors Canada YouTube site it makes me wonder if someone intentionally posted it today to see what kind of early reaction they're going to receive with the new SW SRX-LE model or if it was put up by mistake and then promptly pulled since the official Yamaha release date is March 6.

In addition to the new larger tunnel bag it's shown with tunnel flares and outside rear axle wheels too. Wo-h Hoo!

Last edited:

Thanks for posting up that link Dan. It was up for the better part of one hour before someone yanked it from the web. Since it was on the Yamaha Motors Canada YouTube site it makes me wonder if someone intentionally posted it today to see what kind of early reaction they're going to receive with the new SW SRX-LE model or if it was put up by mistake and then promptly pulled since the official Yamaha release date is March 6.

In addition to the new larger tunnel bag it's shown with tunnel flares and outside rear axle wheels too. Wo-h Hoo!

Well if they posted it to get an early reaction here is mine.....it's a big let down! The Sidewinder is already a fantastic sled as it is, and Yamaha already has top dog status with it. The sno scoot was a smart release last year and gave me hope Yamaha was going to start going after a complete line up again starting at the bottom. Really hoping for something new and innovative in mid pack class. In my mind the SRX sidewinder is going after an even smaller percentage of buyers than the sidewinder(on account of price). Hope it is just a special spring order option to create some buzz and there is more to come!

told you guys that yesterday...
srx-jpg.138658

A metallic gold on black option would be nice homage to the 1980 era 440 twin screamer.
Is there an incentive such as order before spring and Yamaha keeps the Tuner skis
I prefer the current rocker kill switch as I have sheared off a push button trying to hang on / getting tossed over the handlebars...

Last edited:
Cat DNA ?
4000 miles on my cat no belts and no issues, maybe yamaha should of gone with team clutches
As far as belts you are 100% correct...cats have the good belt life now while we seem to have all the belt issues. But the cat DNA is all in the chaincase, leaking oil tank,ROV design, and several other things.
They took it down.. Looks like my server is having issues as well :(
Weird they took it down eh? Was just a short vid of new all blue srx....same as tcat specs.

Dan

Yeah same specs as tcat...not sure bout tunnel bag but flares and tri hub delete is same.

I have many friend with the new cat, we do not have oil leaking issues or chaincase issues and we all drive them hard. I have taken mine apart many times to gear and change oil and never had anything leak. I have owned a 2013 1100 turbo and the only problem i had with that one was belts. I personally love my cat and seeing all the problems with Yamaha sidewinder i have to say its just bad clutches and alot of bad luck.

No more kashima coating? I'll keep mine.
Those are the electronic adjustable shocks...not same as our qs3r. Like Tcat not same as RR.

I would assume the best shocks still come on other models, similar to RR.

I know cat offers very few 129s, not sure if YAM still will?

I think vipers now come with next gen plastics and LED headlight, and only 137 from cat, not sure if YAM will offer rtx viper but id assume so.

Dan

Where did you get the info about lowered ride height? I don't see that on Cat's website or Arctic Insider. The T-cat does have the 1" track but it doesn't give up any suspension travel to the other models. I also saw on Arctic Insider it looks like they did away with the extrovert drivers on ZR's. Unfortunately the Cat website calls out involute drivers on the 7000's but exvolute on the 9000's, too bad.

Where did you get the info about lowered ride height? I don't see that on Cat's website or Arctic Insider. The T-cat does have the 1" track but it doesn't give up any suspension travel to the other models. I also saw on Arctic Insider it looks like they did away with the extrovert drivers on ZR's. Unfortunately the Cat website calls out involute drivers on the 7000's but exvolute on the 9000's, too bad.
Was told that from Yamaha Rep at Novi show and there are news releases from Yamaha Canada posted on face book.

I'm so glad I have no itch for anything new (and haven't for some time) the SW is really the only "new" sled put out by this GREAT merger ....That said, is this SRX considered one of the "5 new sleds" talked about when this joint venture took place ? Again other than the SW its really weak! I have no idea what segment of the line up it be but they Have to build something that is more affordable to the masses and is still a great sled .The sport is WAY over priced. What is this sled going to cost?? 18.500 OTD? Great move! I feel lucky I've had 40 plus years in the sport because it seems the end is near......

Last edited:

Back