• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Stock SRX vs 2022 Mach Z

Go look at DooTalk jon. There are many Yamaha trolls there bashing the Mach. Most of them have few posts and have joined DT in the past few months. All they do is bash and get the Doo boys fired up. The mods there pretty much do nothing. Some of the Doo bashers are here and enjoy getting the boys over there fired up. There is no love between me and many of those on DT. They got all excited about the new Mach and hyped the hell out of it. I knew exactly what I was getting and it has met all my expectations. I come here because I'm still involved with my old Winder.
"still involved" that's funny..makes it sound like a marriage going bad and an excuse for the new girlfriend.

Had a chance to see a new Mack, it pulled along side my winder at a restaurant in Millinockett...a minute later 6 more ski doos parked alongside. The Mack driver didn't even wait for his buddies to talk their helmets off and get off their sleds...he just walked away from them like he didn't even know them...arrogant. At least his buddies gave a nod. My impression of the Mack, it's a big ugly black thing.

"still involved" that's funny..makes it sound like a marriage going bad and an excuse for the new girlfriend.
I have been doing the pre season maintenance on it since I sold it and I ride with the owner every weekend. It feels like I still own it.

Ya that bites for the guys that expected premium performance, been there, have done that.
1997 Yamaha SX, when I bought it on a Spring check, I was told by dealer that it would outrun the then Yamaha King 800 4 cylinder 2 stroke. It was probably the best handling sled on the market on smooth trails, but it fell on its’s face at 85 dreameter and would not run with my buddies 800.

So in comes Olav Aeen with an article in that years SnoTech magazine on how to add some ponies to that red head triple with his pipes and some motor mods. Yep it made a huge difference and that thing rocked afterwards! Thank You Olav, and you know what, to the sales guy at that dealer!
I had that SX also went to the triple pipes , after seeing that article , and did the long travel suspension update , and that sled was awesome !
And got way better gas mileage also , and cool sound.
That was the last 2 stroker I have owned .

I have been doing the pre season maintenance on it since I sold it and I ride with the owner every weekend. It feels like I still own it.
that's the problem with selling sleds to friends/family. You feel like you are still responsible for what happens to it.

that's the problem with selling sleds to friends/family. You feel like you are still responsible for what happens to it.
Exactly. The worst part is you also end up giving them a better deal and throw in a bunch of extras.
I will not be doing that again.

Exactly. The worst part is you also end up giving them a better deal and throw in a bunch of extras.
I will not be doing that again.
But I get to keep an eye on my old favorites , and make sure they are being treated with the respect they deserve .
Not only am I leaving shortly to check on my 2015 Apex , that I sold to a friend , he just inquired if I am interested in selling him my 17 LTX LE , now that I have the 22 SRX .
Decisions , decisions .

You'd have to be extremely brand loyal to Doo if you want big power.
Thousands of dollars to get 235hp.
$650(cad) gets you 265 on the T cat and winder

You'd have to be extremely brand loyal to Doo if you want big power.
Thousands of dollars to get 235hp.
$650(cad) gets you 265 on the T cat and winder
For sure, unless you want ok power, 4 stroke reliability, the Ski Doo suspension and maybe have a dealership close and all Doo gear I totally understand. If you plan on being above the pack power wise you better have deep pockets.

For sure, unless you want ok power, 4 stroke reliability, the Ski Doo suspension and maybe have a dealership close and all Doo gear I totally understand. If you plan on being above the pack power wise you better have deep pockets.
Aside from not having T cat or winder driveline issues, they are not any better of a sled.
And the Cat front end is better.
I'm just saying if you are a horsepower junkie, you'd be a fool to buy the Doo.

Aside from not having T cat or winder driveline issues, they are not any better of a sled.
Exactly, fix the little things, the chain case issues and add 10% more boost at about 225 hp and solidify the top trail status.

If you are only having driveline issues, then I would say you are doing very well.
In defense of the Winder there are lots of them out there with lots of miles. I think if you know what to look for and how to address issues, they can be very reliable. I know when I owned nothing but Cats for over 15 years I kept them reliable but there were things I did that my Yamaha, Doo and Polaris buddies never had to. Things like rebuilding the clutches ever 1500 miles and checking, protecting and rerouting wires and hoses before they became a problem. They were definitely more work and lacked the quality of the others, but I was rewarded with what I felt was a superior performing sled. Cat just knew how to make a sled fast and handle and ride great.

Back