• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air box mod apex

Air Box Mod

I have an air box mod kit for sale. It's the kind where you cut a hole in the top and cover that with Outer Wears fabric.

It would make an intake sound that is louder than stock exhaust. If anyone is serious I will take photos of it.

I think it may be like Fix Power Sports does it.

Ram Air cold are on air box cover

I had 5 PM's from other guys who wanted to buy that today.

This Guy still sells them on E-Bay I bought mine from him but decided not to use it.

Subject: Re: Yamaha Apex Intake

Yes they are on ebay now. Ebay motors under Apex Ram Air. I have them available for 2006-2010 models and 2011 models. Thanks Dan

Ebay #230681733159

To: Bohn333@yahoo.com

Subject: Yamaha Apex Intake

Do you still sell a cold air intake kit on E-Bay? I was not able to find one a few days ago.

Skibum4106 said:
I had 5 PM's from other guys who wanted to buy that today.

This Guy still sells them on E-Bay I bought mine from him but decided not to use it.

Subject: Re: Yamaha Apex Intake

Yes they are on ebay now. Ebay motors under Apex Ram Air. I have them available for 2006-2010 models and 2011 models. Thanks Dan

Ebay #230681733159

To: Bohn333@yahoo.com

Subject: Yamaha Apex Intake

Do you still sell a cold air intake kit on E-Bay? I was not able to find one a few days ago.
I had a ram air from the guy on e-bay on my 2007 apex er , don't know if it did much on the top maybe a few miles an hour faster, but it was definitly a snapper throttle responce

Sportsmans Attack said:
Just ripping mine down. Does this mod cause freezing up if there's alot of snow dust :4STroke:
I never had a problem with mine 4yrs running , he guy who sells them supplies a type of material that prevents that problem , remember mine was the top lid mod , not the lower can't comment on that one

No reply so i tried something, make a bigger hole ( cut the flat bottom part ) so if its not working maybe i could duck tape to make the hole smaller.

But now with the bigger hole the Sled bark when i crack the throttle,i also remove prefilter it was clog with oil.
But arnt you just sucking hot under hood air? How exactly is that supposed to make power?

Back