• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Air box mods

Nervous Nytro

I want to open things up on my 07 Apex, who has the best air box mods for the Apex? What prevents me from cloning an airbod design? Is there a noticeable performance advantage in doing this?

Thank you

Well I don,t know which mod is best. But most guys seem to think the air box lid "Ram Air Mod" makes the most power. And there is a full article about it on here if you do a search. Does any one know if the lid can be removed from the box with out taking off the headlight assembly?

Contact Ulmer Racing, seems to be the most popular, proven, reliable and trusted of any used on here...plus his customer service is top notch!

To be honest with you.....I have tested ram air and ulmers box. There isn't abit of differents as far as power goes between the two. I don't really care about top end (as you might have noticed back country 1 3/4 top end killer) so that is where the differents might be. I have even tryed both at once. I do alot of off trail riding and with ulmers modded box it sucks snow into the foam filter and freezes it up and makes your sled eat oil use a large amount (1 quart per 100 miles). On other hand the ram air is alot noiser (if it bothers you). So both have there pros and cons.

Back