• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Low Comp Pistons

I am rebuilding my Apex motor with rods and pistons. I am thinking about putting in Wiseco 10:1's. Other options would be JE's or to go to a 9:1. Throttle response is key to me, not looking to run more than 18#'s boost. Any feedback or opinions would be great. thx

AA

10:1 Wiseco or JE with meth on pump premium is possible, throttle response is a lot better at 10:1.

I have 8000+ kilometers on mine, nothing wrong with them.

I broke wrist pin on one of them, and the 3 others were s-shaped (yes the wrist pins).

and do a side by side comaprison between je and wisecos... you'll understand why.

then compare wrist pins... you'll again unsderstand why

This costed me an engine rebuild.

I know quite few have had problems with the wrist pins with Wiseco's. Some luck out and don't have issues. I would rather go with JE's and not chance having that problem.

If I ever have to change them out I may have to consider JE's thanks for the heads up.

9:1 pistons are safe je are the best, to get throttle response use an ignition modual to add timing down low and pull timing with boost/load

I'm going with JE 10:1's, I've been running the RB3 with timing control longer than anyone, I've played with timing, RB3 can make a mediocre set up run ok, no substitute for proper built low compression engine with the right cams, head work etc. With a proper built engine 15 #'s is more than enough.

Back