• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

As far as tunes go

Things to think about.....
When going above @240 HP you WILL need a BOV and a MAP sensor for proper operation--$$
When going above 240 hp its time to start to think about changing the stock primary, TAPP, RX-1, CV-Tech etc, whatever you choose--$$$
When going above 240hp you start to stress other driveline parts, chains stretch quicker, tracks stretch quicker, more traction is needed, ETC.--$$$
In my opinion the stock secondary seems to work as well as an aftermarket one so you can save some there but will need a different spring and probably rollers. A helix also if you choose but the stock one works.
Once you get a taste of more boost, you will want MORE and MORE boost!!! It is addicting for sure.---$$$$$
All this being said, I love riding my 270ss spool tune and all the money I spent on the other parts is just the price of admission!!! I rarely ever use 240 hp and have never tried the 225.

If someone did go and buy a tune from any of the companies mentioned, how would one know if they got the right tune? Does it display the tune on the cluster on start up?

Good arguments here on both sides, single or bundle.
I did quite a few 235hp(ecotrail) for people this year as I simply don't trust some of them to use good judgement if they have a 265HP tune and can only get 87 octane fuel.

W PEFI, my invoice showed the tune level and the license # for my tune, traceable back to their master file. I suppose in this day and age, anyone can cheat but what's their incentive to do that? If they sold you "270" and you get beat by a "225" it makes them look really bad. I think it comes down to doing business with firms with proven reputations over time.

My hurricane multi flash shows what tune you are running in the upper left corner of your gauge when you start up or switch tunes (and it stays displayed). One click operation with the cluster flash. Just push the upper left button on your cluster.

If someone did go and buy a tune from any of the companies mentioned, how would one know if they got the right tune? Does it display the tune on the cluster on start up?
For a single tune you would need to plug in a flasher to know what tune is in the machine
If you have a bundle then the hp is displayed on the gauge.
You get a boost pressure display on the gauge cluster with a single or bundle so you could figure out what hp you have by reading the max boost pressure at wot

exactly, some guys with multimap clutch for the biggest tune and when they go to smaller tune they are now under revving. I run maxspool 16 and have my clutching dialed in perfectly for it. It runs consistently all the time. If you go single tune, think long and hard if your gonna want more power down the road. I ran ecotrail stock muffler at first and a month later I upgraded to maxspool 16. Wish I would of just went max 16 to begin with. The beauty of all the tuners mentioned above is any of these pump gas tunes are unbelievably docile until provoked. I can ride all afternoon with my 2 up seat attached and my 8 year old on the back enjoying scenery and later that day carry the skis in the air till I decide to put them down. Point is, dont feel like a larger tune is harder to ride or you wont ever need it. They only come alive when asked.
This would be the tune, I think I would pick, which I think is TD Max 16, 270hp, single tune. Also it sounds like a different BOV and for sure Clutching would also be required. At what point do you need to change the stock muffler or mod the stock muffler?

This would be the tune, I think I would pick, which I think is TD Max 16, 270hp, single tune. Also it sounds like a different BOV and for sure Clutching would also be required. At what point do you need to change the stock muffler or mod the stock muffler?
TD max 16 is your last stop with stock muffler. Should have map sensor bov and clutching cai is an option also.

The max 16 tune is maximized when used with better blow off valve and 3 bar map sensor, runs 17.5-17.8psi. Its turbo dynamics most popular tune as its powerful enough for most people and doesnt require a different muffler. Anything more than that available currently requires high flow muffler.

For a single tune you would need to plug in a flasher to know what tune is in the machine
If you have a bundle then the hp is displayed on the gauge.
You get a boost pressure display on the gauge cluster with a single or bundle so you could figure out what hp you have by reading the max boost pressure at wot

I'm planning on getting the 270HP SM SS before next season. It would be nice to see exactly that (270HP SM SS) in my cluster like the multi flash bundle

Only way you'll see the tune in the cluster is if you buy the cluster flash .

My Hurricane multi-tune displays the tune HP in the hour meter upon start. After a couple of seconds it goes back to being a boost gauge. It displays hours when key is on/engine off.

The max 16 tune is maximized when used with better blow off valve and 3 bar map sensor, runs 17.5-17.8psi. Its turbo dynamics most popular tune as its powerful enough for most people and doesnt require a different muffler. Anything more than that available currently requires high flow muffler.
So Does a muffler actually do anything to the 270HP? By adding a freer flowing muffler, does it give me anything more over the 270HP utilizing the same tune?

So Does a muffler actually do anything to the 270HP? By adding a freer flowing muffler, does it give me anything more over the 270HP utilizing the same tune?

You need to run a stock muffler with a "stock muffler" flash and if you install a performance muffler you need to have a "performance muffler" flash.

Back