• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2014

Damn daughter has volleyball. Did you machine your primary yet Terry?

Not yet.... Definitely will be machined before next RSD. I have the lathe programmed now for the taper shaft that the clutch bolts to. This way I can put in a piece of steel stock in the lathe, machine the taper and then mount the primary so it is true when machining. I'm finicky that way...

This was a very wet weekend, but Shagman, my boys and another friend I know from the track made the best of it this weekend.

Loaded up the motorhome and trailer, hit the road about 4pm Friday to go to Wisconsin International Raceway for the Real Street Drags. Even tho the 30-40 mph headwind was kicking up dust and was not good for fast times.....there was a record car count and trying to get through the pits was like Chicago rush hour traffic.

Temps were about 70°, threat of storms all night and wicked headwind of 30 or better.

Same clutching as the 11.21 run at Union Grove weeks earlier.

Lane 1, (Spun a little, headwind)
Reaction .1156, 1.5050 60ft., 7.0327 1/8 mile @ 91.98mph, 11.5385 1/4 mile @ 104.77mph

Lane 1, (Spun, headwind)
Reaction .1680, 1.5806 60 ft., 7.0855 1/8 mile @ 92.93mph, 11.5264 1/4 mile @ 105.77mph

Lane 1, (Spun, headwind)
Reaction .0922, 1.5811 60 ft., 7.0950 1/8 mile @ 92.74mph, 11.5669 1/4 mile @ 105.50mph

Lane 1, (Spun past the 60ft so I said no more runs as the track was not spraying and the headwind was just unbearable)
Reaction .0757, 1.6227 60 ft., 7.1686 1/8 mile @ 92.73mph, 11.6514 1/4 mile @ 104.76mph

Storms moved in and it was the most incredible light show I have seen in my lifetime. Poured like crazy!

Saturday went to Powersports 1 in Appleton and looked at some new Vipers and some used Vipers. Very nice store with great people! After that it was eat at a Chinese buffet, then head back to do some 4 wheeling. But with the torrential rain we got the night before....the clay was nothing but a mucky mess and 1 trip through the woods made the tires grow double their size with clay.....what a mess.

Sunday racing at the track. Rained again with storms through the night, rained all morning. Shagman was having a blast with my boys in his truck taking them down the track to dry the track faster so racing could begin. After noon is when we got our only time run and because the track was still wet on the top end, they shortened the track to just run 1/8 mile.

1st and only time run - 60°, humid with clouds (they sprayed just before I went out to run my pass)
Lane 2
Reaction .1114, 1.4719 60 ft., 6.8759 1/8 mile @ 93.83mph
(by my records and times from last, this would have been an 11.2 something run)

1st round, dialed a 6.88 (they did not spray between classes, hopped and spun)
Reaction -.0606, 1.5520 60 ft., 6.9741 1/8 mile @ 93.66mph

Loaded up and went home. Going to try and get to Union Grove a few more times this year.

There was no way I was traveling anywhere this past weekend.... Winds over 40mph (headwind) at my local track, threat of rain on Friday....Races cancelled on Saturday due to rain.

Stayed home, cleaned my fireplace flute, pulled my plow truck out of the weeds, fired right up...couldn't believe it, went to a family reunion and yesterday went to a swap meet and sold some more stuff. Was windy and clod, but the sun was out :)

Well Terry we're done here in Manitoba (http://interlakedragway.org/cms/) for the season, the last weekend was the 27th for test & tune and the 28th for the final bracket race, which didn't happen due to rain again. We had a really bad year for rain outs, but I did well in the Box class. It was a fight until the end with the top five within 500 points and I managed to pull it off on the second last weekend when I took the lead and ended up with the top spot overall!!! Yipeeee!!! A few of us are planning to hit Fargo (http://www.topenddragways.com/) next weekend for the Big Money Weekend and their final race for the season, hopefully things will hold up. Why don't you come down for the weekend and run you sled there?

Don, congrats bud!!!! What a way to end the season! :)

I'm heading to Union Grove for some testing tomorrow and maybe next weekend as I made a bunch of changes. Kind of too many at one time but it is what it is. Fall came way too fast and now I'm scurrying.

Nos good luck this weekend. Hope with changes you get that first 10.00 My season came to an end with a rainout.
Also my son and his wife had twins 10 days ago. A boy and girl. Everybody are doing fine. Now gram and grandpa
are very busy

Nos good luck this weekend. Hope with changes you get that first 10.00 My season came to an end with a rainout.
Also my son and his wife had twins 10 days ago. A boy and girl. Everybody are doing fine. Now gram and grandpa
are very busy

Congrats grandpa! :)

Thanks, I am looking for that 1st 10 second pass and hopefully it will be tomorrow :)

My 1 goal of hitting over 110mph has been accomplished!!!! :)

Too bad traction issues kept me from getting into the 10's but it's capable now!

Best time on Saturday was an 11.11 @ 110.41mph :)

I will post all my results when I dig all the time slips out of my trailer

Saturday 10/11/14 Union Grove (Great Lakes Dragway)

Temps were a bone chilling 27° when I woke up. Frost everywhere and didn't think the track was even going to be setup to race. As I looked out my motorhome window I could see the workers trying to get the sprayer working farther down in the pits on the grass. Didn't look like they got it....but didn't know.

Temp for the day was 57° with a slight headwind from the north at about 5mph. Humidity was at 51%. After a few very long warm ups....I got in the staging lane. The track was suppose to start running cars down at 10am....but it was 11:34am when I made my first pass.

1st time run - sunny, calm to slight headwind, Alston Lane
Reaction .119, 1.486 60ft., 6.816 1/8 mile @ 100.08mph, 11.147 1/4 mile @ 109.83mph
(This run hit the rev limiter once about 40 ft. out, then again at the finish line)

2nd time run - same conditions, same lane,
Reaction .226, 1.489 60ft., 6.805 1/8 mile @ 99.53mph, 11.130 1/4 mile @ 109.97mph
(This run hit the rev limiter 3 times about 50 ft. out, then just before the finish line)

1st qualifying run for the snowmobile shootout, same lane, same conditions,
Reaction -.029, 1.441 60ft., 6.795 1/8 mile @ 100.82mph, 11.110 1/4 mile @ 110.41mph
(This run banged the rev limiter around the 60 ft. marker and once in the middle of the run and again at the 1,000 ft. mark) Everything was faster this run, the 1/8 mile time and speed along with 1/4 mile time and speed. I do see the 60 ft. was better but hitting the rev limiter....unreal! This is a 10 second sled and capable of 113mph in the 1/4, I know it!

2nd qualifying run, lane 2 or the Mofoco lane,
Reaction .095, 1.561 60ft., 6.952 1/8 mile @ 98.13mph, 11.273 1/4 mile @ 106.88mph
(Banged the rev limiter all the way down after spinning off the starting line)

1st round - dialed an 11.18, Alston lane,
Reaction .073, 1.536 60ft., 6.960 1/8 mile @ 98.51mph, 11.339 1/4 mile @ 108.25mph
(Lost, but it was a good race! Both crossed the line at the same time. Win margin was .0043) (Again, sled hit the rev limiter all the way down, you can tell how much the sled slows when this happens)

Hoping to get more runs soon as Great Lakes Dragway is open till the first snowfall which could happen anyday.

Just looking back, I see I finally hit 100mph in the 1/8 mile!!!! Another goal I wanted to achieve!!! :)

This weekend is the last weekend Union Grove will be open, after this Sunday...the Viper will be switched back over to snow.

Temp is supposed to be nice and think it's going to be the last nice weekend we get before the weather changes drastically.

Looking for that almighty 10 second club honor!!!!

Yes, going to be very nice :)

Wish me luck bud!

Back