• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom

I had breakage on mine and got them last year and only got about 300miles out of them. Are we suppose to send them back to him? He never answers the phone.

Thanks for your help.

I just checked mine and they look really good for 3700 miles and lots of road crossings and parking lots. Maybe 5000 total miles in them for sure.

Banks93 said:
I had breakage on mine and got them last year and only got about 300miles out of them. Are we suppose to send them back to him? He never answers the phone.

Thanks for your help.

Me too. They started loosing whole chunks after 2 rides. I sent them back in the spring and am still waiting for my replacements. I emailed him a month or so ago and he replied that he still had me on his list to send out replacements.

Banks93 said:

Thanks for your help.
How did they wear?Front back or even.

They didn't wear at all. Like I said I only rode them for 300miles. They had chunkes out of them. I guess he had a heat treating problem and made some bad product. I have them sitting in my gargage because others are still waiting for ones they sent in and haven't gotten anything. In my opinion that isn't a very good business model to have but with the economic times I could see how replacing all of the bad ones is tough to do.

In my opinion it isn't even close between bergstrom and snowtrackers. Go snowtrackers and you will never regret it. :Rockon:

i use the bergstrom setup and i like them alot.Tried different skies but berstrom setup with the stock skies is the best that i've tried so far.

What part number do you order for Tuner II ski's with two host bars per ski?

Just give him a call. Carbide length will depend on studded or not. Got them on my '12 XTX, good bars.

Triple points are nice they wear for a long time They have the same fundamental flaw as all other carbides though. As the carbide wears it gets wider and no longer has a sharp point. They will still turn good but not as good as when new. I have been running Snow Trackers for 4 years now and love them the self sharpening feature of them makes them turn just as good on the last day of useable carbide as they did on the first. also when you wear out the carbide you only replace the center wear bar not the whole system in 7000 miles I am on my second host bar and first whole system. I will get the whole season out of the set on there. I get about 4500 miles out of a set. They eliminate all darting and when I put them on my older apex they made the steering lighter as well. I have tried every kind of carbide that anyone has ever recommended to me to try and there are allot of good choices out there but for my riding it is snow trackers all the way. Bergstrom is prolly my second choice.

Bergstrom triple point wear extremely well.....but on soft ice or lightly snow covered ice they don't protrude down far enough from the wear bar and actually promote the carbide to float because of the 3 carbides and the area between the center an the outer two (VVV) doesn't allow them to "dig down" like a conventional single carbide will.....

This is exactly why snow trackers or shapers work so well.....their design allows them to dig deeper if needed....

Attachments

• DSCN0167.JPG
    DSCN0167.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 162
I ran mine 7887 miles - I keep detailed records and can't believe it myself. They still had carbide left. That is a lot of riding with a lot of bare pavement in there.... I am very impressed with them. I put them on my Nytro with the shim kit and it works great to stop darting - shim kit is key... I have my 2nd set on and have 13,000 miles on the sled and they are in great condition yet. If the trails are open I go so there is a lot of bare pavement riding and they do hold up.

I purchased some 8" tripple points, and installed them on my RX1 with a new pair of C&A skis last year. Once i hit the trails I thought i was gonna either break a steering component, break my arms, or completely loose control of the front handles bars and end up hitting the trees because of how hard it was cornering.. I laughed when my buddy told me his 2013 Appex had power steering! Now i know why.... I sure love the fact that i can steer on concrete though! I have about 300 miles on mine and they still look very good. I should have bought the 6"s. This picture is when i installed them not driven on them.. I'm a BIG fan of the the ski savers they come with. and the shims really make a difference in how they wear!
20160225_232411 (1280x720).jpg

Just wondering if someone can explain how the snow tracker carbide is self sharpening. I have them on my Apex and really like them, especially in the loose snow, they are way better than my doolys or slim jims ever were. But I trying to wrap my mind around the sharpening bit. If you run the edge down flat, what is going to re shape it to a nice 'V" shape point again, seems impossible unless there are some little elves under there somewhere LOL

I've heard the same but I don't know that self "sharpening" is the right term for it. My understanding is there is some depth to the carbide. The steel host wears quicker that the carbide exposing more carbide. The comparison I have heard is think of it as a pencil. The wood is removed exposing more lead. Unlike a pencil there doesn't seem to be any mechanism to give you a nice point.

Back