• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best belt for Winder?

So any thoughts on what could be the cause of poor top end? . Low and mid seems fine to me but maybe there is an issue there as well. Other than that 1400 flawless miles!
I'm running a thunder shift kit ,what clutch setup are you running so we can decide where to head with this lack of mph .

hammer is all stock. what rpm up top hammer? we have same sled and i saw at least 111mph, not impressive, but still around 400 miles and didn't hold it wide open very long, around 800' from 70mph. i broke mine in very easy. i have thunder kit at 71.1 grams.

I'm running a thunder shift kit ,what clutch setup are you running so we can decide where to head with this lack of mph .
All stock as far as RPMs go I am not 100% sure but I may be over Rev if anything. I have seen 9k+ (I think 9150 max) on the tack. I am headed to Maine next sat for a week. Big trails and should be hardpacked conditions so I will have a better idea after the trip. Reading post of 120mph and 110mph plus in 1/4 mile i am not seeing. BTW this site rocks!

I'm not a tech. Might want to start a thread.....

"No top end" list model and symptoms

You could be a Candidate for binding springs in both the primary and secondary clutches. I will look for other link to secondary problem.

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/primary-clutch-spring-damage.147701/unread

just had my secondary apart and put helix and shimmed, went to 6+1. no place to ride at all. different primary spring with thunder. i did notice kind of an ugly black look in the secondary bushing, didn't know if it was burnt grease or worn. also track seemed hard to turn by hand on stand, only 1" of play from dealer setup. really trying to head to maine this week or next to sort it out.

All stock as far as RPMs go I am not 100% sure but I may be over Rev if anything. I have seen 9k+ (I think 9150 max) on the tack. I am headed to Maine next sat for a week. Big trails and should be hardpacked conditions so I will have a better idea after the trip. Reading post of 120mph and 110mph plus in 1/4 mile i am not seeing. BTW this site rocks!
where are you headed? i will be going alone.

Guys, I wish I could help. Lol!

Start a thread. "Help, no top end!" You will get this resolved by the time you leave!

I myself couldn't leave on a trip to Maine with a sled that's not working correctly. I'd throw up! Hahaha

Good luck! I will learn something as well.

jt, if it were bind would it show as slipping? also sheaves look like they are running all the way.

Could be bind in either primary or secondary. Slipping, I would think. Get a light. Look at both. Flacky and or chipped paint. Would be evidence.

Send us pics of black stuff you described.

Couple members have commented to me. In their opinion the SE's are running good. I took it in jest.

Wonder if changes were made to DX. Is it same gearing?

Couple members have commented to me. In their opinion the SE's are running good. I took it in jest.

Wonder if changes were made to DX. Is it same gearing?
as far as all specs sheets i saw, everything is the same. my sheaves are clean, springs ok, that is why i am looking elsewhere. going to service my truck for any trip so i will have to check back later. if still time i'll pull secondary and take a pic of bushing.

Back