• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Better grips for heat transfer

I've seen the mod that is offered by Rocztoyz for the thumb and grip heaters on the Winders but I also noticed this too.
Has anyone tried these or another set of grips for better heat transfer?

Like DMC, my grips get hot and have to be turned off. Make sure you are not riding with gloves that are causing the issue. I have found that the best gloves have much thinner insulation on the palm side allowing better heat transfer.

I ride with these Klim Fusion Gloves and my buddy rides with rubber coated mechanics gloves. He says that his hands get hot on his 06 apex with stock heaters. I keep waiting for him to complain about his hands but he never has.

Those Klim fusions have only 60 grams of insulation on the palm side and 200 grams on the top side. I suspect any glove constructed like that would work better than normal gloves/mitts that have heavy insulation on both sides.

Gauntlets work great for cold hands. My heaters are on for the first 10 minutes in the morning, then off the rest of the day practically.

Yeah, when it's bone chilling outside I throw the handlebar muffs on. You won't need heaters & I ride with mechanics gloves or no gloves at all.

Type/size of guards makes a big difference.

I went with basically mechanix.gloves and gauntlets and was fine in zero weather with heaters set to low but thumb warmer set to med-high.

Yeah, when it's bone chilling outside I throw the handlebar muffs on. You won't need heaters & I ride with mechanics gloves or no gloves at all.

Ok, No gloves? I am calling your bluff, we know your rides are all 1000' or less and at mach 3. ;)

You come on 100+ miles of trail riding in the great white north in February and you will wish you had brought some gloves :)

Ok, No gloves? I am calling your bluff, we know your rides are all 1000' or less and at mach 3. ;)

You come on 100+ miles of trail riding in the great white north in February and you will wish you had brought some gloves :)
You got me! Lol. You come down by me (Northern Wisconsin) and I'll have you going less than 45mph 75% of the day. And if you're able to hang on to the that 650lb bull without getting hurt, I make a bet you'll be wringing wet with sweat by 10am. And wanting to go home.
No b.s. lol.
The most technical trails I've ever had the pleasure to ride....

You got me! Lol. You come down by me (Northern Wisconsin) and I'll have you going less than 45mph 75% of the day. And if you're able to hang on to the that 650lb bull without getting hurt, I make a bet you'll be wringing wet with sweat by 10am. And wanting to go home.
No b.s. lol.
you should try the d trail from fairbanks to windy lake trail outside of sudbury. sucks every time and there is usually a guy on my side of the trail in 1-2 of the corners.

you should try the d trail from fairbanks to windy lake trail outside of sudbury. sucks every time and there is usually a guy on my side of the trail in 1-2 of the corners.
Lol....I don't sweat them one bit, as I was young once. when they come into the corner in my lane, all I see are giant eyeballs and handlebars going every which way. Lol. They try to kill themselves to avoid me. And Dammit.... I appreciate that.

They usually see the middle finger from me telling them my son is behind me.

No b.s. lol.
Been there, go there allot. Love it but wears old guys out LOL.

Been there, go there allot. Love it but wears old guys out LOL.
Lol...im with you, turboflash. the slower you go, the harder it is to get in through those tight twisties. Forearms and biceps are completely pumped up. Honestly it makes you want to ride harder. Kind of just to get through it.
I believe my first trip up there was in '93. Been there almost every year since. On occasion I pass it up for the U.P.
There's some good stuff in and around munising.

Back