• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bought a 2016 Viper

Maritimer

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha SR Viper
Hey guys I just bought a 2016 SR Viper, it has 8600 miles on it , the guy I bought it from said chain case was opened up and everything checked last fall and all fluids changed. Is there anything I should get done before the season starts to make sure I have no issues ?

Congrats! There are lots of things you could check out, or do to prevent issues. Here's a lot of them:

Maintenance is about a lot more than changing fluids, here are some examples: be sure to check for worn out components (bearings, bushings, gaskets etc.) check and clean clutches, check skis and track for wear and allign them and make sure everything is tight, check for exhaust leaks, pop in eventual missing rivets.

There are a few common issues like the reverse actuator not engaging (check if you have the updated version), oil in intake (positive crank ventilation shoots oil into your intake), starting issues (a software update could fix it) and bearings (do an upgrade). This forum has solutions for all I can think of.

If treated right you won't get issues and the sled will outlive any 2-stroke.

Oh and on the turbo check that compressor wheel for play. Check hoses for cracks.

Hey guys I just bought a 2016 SR Viper, it has 8600 miles on it , the guy I bought it from said chain case was opened up and everything checked last fall and all fluids changed. Is there anything I should get done before the season starts to make sure I have no issues ?
Start here ..... https://ty4stroke.com/threads/viper-frequently-asked-questions.120191/
I personally would change the engine oil and filter, open the chain case and inspect it all including top gear bushing; definitely investigate the jackshaft situation ( known for spinning in the bearing)

Back