• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bought a BV2S helmet today

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Got it off Ebay and just opened it up, wow this helmet is awesome!! Fits like a glove, and I LOVE the rear light for the snow dust of the UP. Batteries were easy to install unlike some reviews.

The flip down sunshield looks awesome, and I dont think there is anyway you can get the mouth piece to fit tighter then with that screw in pressure valve. It opens up nicely when on. To put it on its just like a normal helmet vs the easy on of a modular.

I got mine off Ebay for $279 plus $17 shipping which is the best deal I found, most auctions are going over 300 even used! This one was brand new but Silver and I think black is more desirable. Mine had a manf date of Sept 2005 LOL.

Overall it will be nice to ditch the cheap Zeus 508 helmet and electric shield this winter and hopefully the rear light will help avoid any collisons from behind. Last year we had a VERY close call, I still dont know how the 2 sleds flew threw everyone and not hit anybody just blinded by the snow dust in the morning.

I heard this morning La nina is coming 2 months eariler then last year which means COLD!! Woo hoo let it snow!

Kinger,

I've had mine for 2 years now and it is the best thing going without an electric shield.

If I were you though I'd get some artficial Chamois and cut out some extra pads. The paper ones that come with it and are sold by BRP are useless. I tend to replace them multiple times in a day and then just rinse them out and dry for the next use. It's pretty amazing how much water I can squeeze out of them though when I remove it during a stop.

My only complaint is the ice that will build up in the front nozzle. I'm often pulling it out and drying it out when I get to a restaurant or bar or just knocking off the icicles on the trail.

Most of the time I ride without the filters. They are pretty much useless after an hour of riding.

You are gonna love that helmet, I have owned many many helmets and this one is by far the best.

I do remember when I bought my helmet last year, the shop had a few updates they did for me before I took the helmet home. Being from 05, your helmet may have not had the updates done to it.

I just bought one at wausau grass drags only used a few times in black for 150.00

If the helmet says "Bombardier" on it SEND IT BACK!!!! if not your ok......

The older BV2S has problems and the "update" kit is almost $200....

Look closely at the 2 pixs below, notice the nose piece on the old pixs has only 3 ribs on the vent and the new one has 6??? thats anther way to tell if the updates where done

But your right its the best helmet monie can buy....its NEVER fogs period, your never cold (ive riden to -40) (remember to close the sheild tight with both hands)

Im buying anther cause mine on the inside is a busted up from an accident that I walk away from.

<<<<<notice my helmet in the pix?

OLD

BV2S-Helmet.jpg

NEW

242_2.jpg

a tad on the larger size.....the flat black is nice and doesnt scatch like the others, plus it was only made WITH the updates

Daranello said:
If the helmet says "Bombardier" on it SEND IT BACK!!!! if not your ok......

The older BV2S has problems and the "update" kit is almost $200....

Look closely at the 2 pixs below, notice the nose piece on the old pixs has only 3 ribs on the vent and the new one has 6??? thats anther way to tell if the updates where done

But your right its the best helmet monie can buy....its NEVER fogs period, your never cold (ive riden to -40) (remember to close the sheild tight with both hands)

Im buying anther cause mine on the inside is a busted up from an accident that I walk away from.

<<<<<notice my helmet in the pix?

OLD

BV2S-Helmet.jpg

NEW

242_2.jpg

WHAT! Mine says "Bombardier" on it on the chin guard like in the old pix, I can't tell what 'ribs' your talking about. What was the problem with them? My luck...

Look at the pix, 3 ribs NOT updated 6 ribs you should be ok, allthought its more than just the mouth peice, but its the easiest way to tell

3 ribs dont seal well and the mask will fog, 6 ribs leave it shut all day no issues

Attachments

• 242_22.JPG
    242_22.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 737
  • BV2S-Helmets.JPG
    BV2S-Helmets.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,495
Thanks for pointing that out I was looking at the adjustment knob. Well guess I know why it was $279! I'm going back against the seller to get a updated one, do you know what year of manufacture they started with the updated ones? Thanks again for helping me out before I used it!

They were selling the OLD ones at Haydays for like $250. I paid $350 for the newer one from them. I knew the old ones had updates, but had no clue how much they cost. Glad I got the newer one.

Here's the info for the update kit for the BV2S helmets.

Doo part # P4456980000
This kit contains the following items:
Operator's Manual
New Style BV2S Breathing Mask
New Style Absorbent masks
New BV2S Deflector
New Style Mask Valves
And a CD rom with user info on it.

Well, I just went and looked at mine. It has Bomb. on the side but has 6-ribs. IMO, I think it is a great helmet. 2 issues that I had - 1) the flip down sunshield wouldn't flip up, but a screwdriver on the side on trail took care of the problem and 2) I had to shave a little bit of the styrofoam so it fit my head better. Most of the guys following me like the red light in the snow dust. I also ran out of pads on a trip, so I used a napkin...

Mine has 6 ribs on it, came with the manual and CD rom, breathing masks(part number P4456930001) maybe mine was updated already they just didn't remove the Bombarier sticker?

Back