• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broke down sidewinder

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha apex
Hello .. I'm new to the forum so not sure if I'm using it right .. I just picked up a 2107 sidewinder and I have to say the thing is unreal ... however just an hour ago I went out for a quick ride and tried to switch from low beam to high beam and the switch wasn't working .. it was odd considering last night I put my first 200k on the sled and of course no issues .. so shortly after the switch didn't work the lights died and the sled backfired twice leaving me dead on the trail .. it's flashing a code at me .. has this happened to anyone

That's not good sorry to hear that. What codes are flashing?

I have the personal number of the guy from the dealership he says not to worry it's fully covered I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a commonality because of something stupid before I go dragging back into the dealership
That's not good sorry to hear that. What codes are flashing?
code 46

Not certain but I believe Code 46 is power supply to ECU. Check you cable to the ECU, also check the battery posts - could have a lose cable there too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is a photo of the codes

Attachments

• IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 319
My guess would be a loose connector or battery bolt.. We all know how the cat assembly plant likes to leave things loose.

My guess would be a loose connector or battery bolt.. We all know how the cat assembly plant likes to leave things loose.
I would hope the dealers check the damn battery connections before they send them out the door...But it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

One this to check too is a heated visor plug in, they should be on a separate fuse. you didnt mention that you had used one, but just in case you did, good thing to check. sometimes extra stress on a electrical circuit, although fused differently can send a surge back and cause other faults. seen this happen on my 14 viper.
hope the problem gets fixed, let us know.

I would hope the dealers check the damn battery connections before they send them out the door...But it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Dealers have to fill and install the battery, put on the front shocks, put skis on, tighten handlebars, put windshield on and adjust suspension.....I received mine in the crate so I know. Loose battery is a dealer problem, not a Yamaha problem.

A look in electrical diagram for Sidewinder and we see that some components (fusebox, relays) an wiring assemblies are like the Viper, Cat 1100 turbo and many another vehicles from Artic cat.

Maybe it works well enough on a two-cylinder engine, but not on a high performance three-cylinder Yamaha engine. Will be interesting to see if even Sidewinder gets some of the startproblems that Viper has?

Last edited:

Back