• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Busted chaincase!!

In the video a couple people have posted to show how to replace the bearings on a 1100 turbo osp installed a heavy duty jackshaft with there new bearings and it didn't look like a wobble bearing. Is that the same wobble bearing? It looked different because it was sealed on both sides. If it is a regular bearing it should fit in our case.

I am not sure what the Cat guys are doing now. Believe they are back to the Wobblebearing.

They make a wobble bearing that is sealed. Don't have the number with me. I don't believe the bearings are the real problem. It's the hardness of the gears and shaft.

Here are the bearing that went into my chain case.
This is the upper Wobble Bearing replacement:
View attachment 106892

Here is the lower bearing replacement:
View attachment 106893
Hi Mr Sled !
You had good succes with Fag replacement for the wobble bearing. I found this link and it's seems to be the same Fag Wobble bearing if I look the numbers. Is it the same as yours ?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B019FFFYWE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1FDBFGHP9H4MJ&psc=1

MrSled,

How is your FAG replacement holding up? How many miles have you gotten out of it now? Did you replace gears as well? If so, is there a better gear out there? Where did you source?

Whats the final verdict of the '16 replacement shaft/baring? Is that worth doing? My end goal is to extend my maintenance interval.

MrSled,

How is your FAG replacement holding up? How many miles have you gotten out of it now? Did you replace gears as well? If so, is there a better gear out there? Where did you source?

Whats the final verdict of the '16 replacement shaft/baring? Is that worth doing? My end goal is to extend my maintenance interval.

Working out great!! 4500 miles on and working perfect. I changed gears when I bumped the motor to 12 lbs with Ulmer. Ulmer supplied new gears and chain.

Thanks Mr. Sled. What gear should I choose? I see that the gear also wears early. Should I expect to change that at 2800 miles?

Thanks Mr. Sled. What gear should I choose? I see that the gear also wears early. Should I expect to change that at 2800 miles?

That I am not certain on that one. I dont have any real first hand experience on those sleds. I would get it torn apart and take a look then.

Back