• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can't wait for Chris Reids .25 on the 2010

SOL said:
How many of the 330 million people in the USA actually live in an area that would require snowmobiles?

While Canada might be smaller in numbers I am willing to bet we hold our own when it comes to sled sales. 5k is a big difference, Yamaha Canada since they blog should post the reasons for why it cost us 5k more. We are talking 40 % difference in price. Hey CR care to post a blog on the site explaining why Canadians get HOSED EH?

2008 numbers:
USA 79,552 units sold(all brands)
Canada 50,556 units sold(all brands)

http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobilestatistics.asp

Crewchief47 said:
SOL said:
How many of the 330 million people in the USA actually live in an area that would require snowmobiles?

While Canada might be smaller in numbers I am willing to bet we hold our own when it comes to sled sales. 5k is a big difference, Yamaha Canada since they blog should post the reasons for why it cost us 5k more. We are talking 40 % difference in price. Hey CR care to post a blog on the site explaining why Canadians get HOSED EH?

2008 numbers:

See, even Ians daughter wears a tuque instead of a hat.

Most folks are trying to find food for their table or rent money and we expect Yamaha or any manufacturer to invest millions on new products.
What are we all nuts. They are doing the same that all us should do circle the horses and keep their heads down, the economy is screwed and still more problems about to surface. I am far from being on the Yamaha bandwagon but don't blame them for cutting back, how many sleds do you think will sell in 2010 that aren't repoed in 2011.

Jim

I wont be buying a new sled any time soon at these prices. When I do it will be imported from the USA.

SOL said:

I asked him directly on his blog! There is only one way to beat these guys is buy your sleds from the USA. The money you save can be used for parts or labour so you dont need the warranty. If its something really big pack it up and haul it south.

Crewchief47 said:
SOL said:

2008 numbers:

And trust me those canadian numbers are low......thouzands of Canadians bought US sleds last year....We bought 5 new Yamahas in one trip!!!

Back