• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cheap ski scratchers

FxsX24 said:
can someone tell me WTH these do, i dont see the purpose

Mounted on the inside edge of the ski to kick up snow for the sliders during low snow conditions. Same function as a rail style scratcher but with the bonus of not breaking when you forget them down and use reverse. That and they're LOTS cheaper.

Tthey look good why cant you mount them on the cross ski bolt then there would be no drilling at all ?STEVE

To Indy, uhmw is: (Ultra-High Molecular Weight) Polyethylene - a type of strong plastic, similar to what your slides are made of, I think. I purchased mine from a local plastics company, I was told that "Bearing" companies sell it, however the one I went to didn't and referred me to the plastics company.

To deerhunter, I think the issue would be with finding the correct length bolt and correct hardness to replace the original bolt. I guess if you could find a good replacement bolt, it might work. Once I got mine "engineered", it took me about 5 minutes a ski to install, so it's really no big deal to do it as described. We used them one time, didn't seem to do much, but then it really wasn't that icy, which is where I think they would really shine. John

If anybody cant find the plastic I would try McMaster Carr online
they have any thing you can think of ,delrin af is another bearing plastic .

steve

Nice work! I like the idea if using the ski bolt to mount them to the ski. I have the rail mounted ice scratchers that I had on the nytro which going to mount to the skis on the TNT. I'm going to replace the ski bolt with a longer one so I don't have to drill into the new skis. I found 7 inch long grade 8 bolts at Brafasco to do the job. Just have to remember to lift them when backing up.

springs in Canada

Can anyone tell me where I can order springs in Canada? The link Niko posted

www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... cial=false

shows the springs as only available in local stores (plus tractorsupply.com wont ship outside lower 50)

Here in Newfoundland I have very few (like zero) farming supply stores nearby to browse.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Re: springs in Canada

br2an said:
Can anyone tell me where I can order springs in Canada? The link Niko posted

www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... cial=false

shows the springs as only available in local stores (plus tractorsupply.com wont ship outside lower 50)

Here in Newfoundland I have very few (like zero) farming supply stores nearby to browse.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Just order these in the following link right from YAM...they work great.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

Re: springs in Canada

apltx08 said:
Just order these in the following link right from YAM...they work great.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

Yes, I am sure they work great but I am hoping to make a pair to attach to the skis (for a lot less than $69.95 + tax + shipping).

I have no problem with the fabrication, simply am not able to get my hands on the hay rake teeth.

But thanks for the link, may come in handy another time.

Back