• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch weights

Nosey

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Would you see a problem running Polaris weights with the adopter kit in my sidewinder I want to heavy my weights up a little and out of ease of getting the parts my dealer suggested using Polaris weights with the adopter kit I am now wondering if its the safe way of doing it.

Dalton weights have the same shift profile as Polaris weights....and they are adjustable. You won't save any money buying sets of Polaris weights in 2 gram increments till you get it right.

Polaris weights might work in stock winder, but once tuned they won't have enough tip weight imo.

Guess I will just quit being a cheap #*$&@ and by the daltons
Thing is they have the parts sitting there and I was going to try it for my next run
I am banging on the rev limiter now when I pin it out the hole

Guess I will just quit being a cheap #*$&@ and by the daltons
Thing is they have the parts sitting there and I was going to try it for my next run
Have you considered running the XS belt ? These belts are "sticky' and will drop your RPM

Nope never heard of it
Plenty of guys running them on this site.. If your over revving 400-500 rpm run the XS 825 belt. Its a good belt that allows less weight to be run. I find them to create less belt dust also. Proven to be very durable and thousands of miles on these belts with tuned sleds. usually around 100 bucks

Just simply running the XS 825 belt COULD solve this issue. Matter fact if you leave everything the way you have it now and just run the XS belt you will probably stay off the limiter

I have used the XS825 belt to pull down RPM's on a couple of sleds now. Seems to make them a little snappier down low also.

Same here. I'm running Max Spool 16 with stock weights and an X2825 belt. It revs 9,000 and the belt has been more durable as well.

I’d go thunder products clutching but daltons are a common weight used also. All of them readily available. The xs825 belt is option but at same time will still need dialing in I am sure so weights will also be beneficial and if you want to tune later on you’re ready.

Yep yep done tuned already don’t remember banging on rev limiter before tune

Back