• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dash digital display not working on 2012 RS Vector

Rons

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 RS Vector
Dash digital display not working on 2012 RS Vector

I just was able to fix one recently - what's the symptom - dead?

Yes dead nothing on screen but machine runs ok.

Check your tail lights while the motor is running. If they are out, its just a fuse.

Should be the 10 amp fuse in the fuse box. Have a look. Should be a spare there also.

I found a 3amp fuse blown signal system fuse replaced but still display is blank

There was a blown zener diode to the right of where the wire harness plugs in. There's actually two of these diodes on the pcb. I tried like heck to figure out the color code but ended up removing the good diode and took it in to work and hooked it up to a curve tracer and figured out the breakdown voltage to be about 14V. With a DVM the bad diode read about the same in both directions.

Well - did you open it up and take a look around with a DVM yet?

I didn't take a pic when I had it all apart - but if want to take a pic of the circuit board and post it here I'll be happy to circle where to check and repost it.

Back