• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does the eabc make a big difference when trail riding

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Hey guys starting maintenance on my sleds And I have a eabc for my mpi turbo sitting in the box that was not installed! From what i understand the eabc wiĺl keep the boost at optimal psi at different elevations(mountain riding)! I didn't install it because here all the trails I ride are within 200 ft of elevation! Is there any advantage of having the eabc when elevations are pretty well level (running the same elevations +or- 200 feet)

From what i calculated it will compensate maximum 4 to 5 hp loss as you climb higher elevations so at minimal elevations like I do (200ft+-)the hp loss is very minimal . Is this correct?

Does the eabc compensate for warmer or colder temperatures also? Or is it just elevation

Wish i could help you, but my turbo is still in the box.:dunno:

When I had my EABC installed, I did notice faster spool up, stronger acceleration. With the EABC installed, no air reaches your wastegate until the EABC opens electronically. Without it installed, my wastegate was creeping open during spool up, causing a tiny bit of spool up loss. Also, the EABC is mainly for altitude. With warmer or cooler air your turbo will spin faster or slower accordingly. It's still you're wastegate that controls max boost.

I ran my EABC at home here all the time due to what I found and felt with the sled. However now that I've changed things on the sled EABC is no longer needed.

When I had my EABC installed, I did notice faster spool up, stronger acceleration. With the EABC installed, no air reaches your wastegate until the EABC opens electronically. Without it installed, my wastegate was creeping open during spool up, causing a tiny bit of spool up loss. Also, the EABC is mainly for altitude. With warmer or cooler air your turbo will spin faster or slower accordingly. It's still you're wastegate that controls max boost.

I ran my EABC at home here all the time due to what I found and felt with the sled. However now that I've changed things on the sled EABC is no longer needed.
Thanks for the info! I'll install since the cab is off

I would install it and let it do its job of continuously adjusting for altitude as well as barometric pressure for optimal safe performance Once installed the adjustment on your wastegate no longer becomes Critical you just have to get it semi close and the EABC takes over from there. Pretty good peace of mind in my opinion because I don't like to tinker with my sled while I'm riding.

Last edited:

Back