• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag'n'fly clutch kit question?!!

razor_220

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro X-TX(sold)
Yamaha SRViper X-TX(sold)
Yamaha sidewinder B-TX
Installed drag'n'fly clutch kit into my 14 srviper xtx.
Installed red primary spring.
My question is with the yellow secondary spring. Should i stay with factory secondary spring(it is set at 0-6)?
If i go to yellow secondary spring what would be best settings?
Sorry guys i'm a clutch newbie!!

I used drag an flys in my 14 ltx with shimed helix they work great. If you have any ?s Randy, at heelclicker is a really big help with setup also.

Those weights really work. I have used them since they came out. I used stock secondary and black primary. Are you using the brand new viper specific weight or the one that has been out for a while?

Purchased the kit in december, i'm thinking its the new weight set up!! I really like the kit!! just the red primary spring is a bit to high of an engagement for me. It's around 4000-4200rpm engagment.
Did some research on the secondary settings, have it set at 3-2 should be a 50 degrees. tried to get 3-3 but was to hard couldn't do it.
Thanks for replies! Going to do like Franklin suggested and give Randy a call at heelclicker, and find a different primary spring!!

What is the rate of that spring? I know the black springs were 140-400, the red was 230-370. That's were your high engagement is coming from if that red spring is the same as the older kits.. I would run black primary and stock secondary at 6-0 or 6-1

Thanks for replying Stain!! I think that is a good idea!!

Back