• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Early dyno reports (850R)

It's no secret that since COVID a large mast has moved from Illinois & New York, as well as other states to Florida.
Strong income can be made, but once that's done, it's time to move on.
I updated a chart I posted previously, and this chart is in available in excel in the sidewinder spreadsheet I have shared previously. Of interest, I do not believe that snowtrax should be weighing all of the sleds with full tanks as the Polaris sleds have greater capacity and therefore an instant weight penalty. I added a column called WT-Fuel WT (wet weight - fuel weight) that shows the normalized weights without considering fuel keeping in mind that the polaris sleds still have bigger tanks (more plastic). I also added columns to note whether the sleds had e-start (battery + Starter) and for the doos with Shot, I just put "no" in that column because they don't have the battery or starter. There is a new column for e-shocks (smart/ATAC/IQS) Posting twice, once sorted alphabetically, once by Wt-Fuel Wt.

View attachment 174816
View attachment 174817

with compensation for battery/starter. This is relevant because it compares sled weights after normalizing features, but irrelevant because hey, if you can get away without the battery and starter then that's a real world advantage for any given sled. Note that the weight added is based on Ski-Doos published difference between battery+starter vs Shot start (22lbs)

View attachment 174820

(Catalyst 850 weight is off because I added e-start in the formula but it likely weighs the same or less than the Catalyst 600)

I updated a chart I posted previously, and this chart is in available in excel in the sidewinder spreadsheet I have shared previously. Of interest, I do not believe that snowtrax should be weighing all of the sleds with full tanks as the Polaris sleds have greater capacity and therefore an instant weight penalty. I added a column called WT-Fuel WT (wet weight - fuel weight) that shows the normalized weights without considering fuel keeping in mind that the polaris sleds still have bigger tanks (more plastic). I also added columns to note whether the sleds had e-start (battery + Starter) and for the doos with Shot, I just put "no" in that column because they don't have the battery or starter. There is a new column for e-shocks (smart/ATAC/IQS) Posting twice, once sorted alphabetically, once by Wt-Fuel Wt.

View attachment 174816
View attachment 174817

with compensation for battery/starter. This is relevant because it compares sled weights after normalizing features, but irrelevant because hey, if you can get away without the battery and starter then that's a real world advantage for any given sled. Note that the weight added is based on Ski-Doos published difference between battery+starter vs Shot start (22lbs)

View attachment 174820

(Catalyst 850 weight is off because I added e-start in the formula but it likely weighs the same or less than the Catalyst 600)
There is a guy that put up a YouTube video of a catalyst 600 mountain sled with 10.4 gallons of gas. It weighed 502 loaded.

Solid baseline
Screenshot_20231231-211843_copy_360x251.png

Oh my, I don’t know what they’re running on, but can only assume it’s ice saying they’re spinning, but that’s not much of a performance sled. My old NA 1200 trial sled would do that on gps in a lot less than 2000 foot and it was not even close to 180 HP. 150-155 HP MAX I’d guess. Sounds like a slug!

I enjoy turbo Jamie's honesty. Guy could turn it into an outlaw tomorrow. Lol.
Just doesn't care.

I do too. Unfortunately, he has grown tired of the keyboard warriors. I miss his build threads. Rockerdan too.

I do too. Unfortunately, he has grown tired of the keyboard warriors. I miss his build threads. Rockerdan too.
Jamie doesn't do that anymore? That's too bad. Maybe things will change with the new 850comp.
Rocker is another story all together. Seemingly his advise has been met with much Ridicule, and he just gave up.
So much infighting for me to bare. If you disagree with Skidoo product, get ready to take a Serious beat down. lol.
Its OK not to be happy with this or that. In the end, they're building exactly what the masses ask for.
Strong 850, 900t amazing 4s pkg and now the 850comp, The most technically advanced 2s ever built.
Still....its never good enough, except for the true skidoo loyalists. And that's where the Repetitive fighting begins again.

Thats pretty bad
You must value his honesty. As his financial resources are seemingly limitless.
Back in the day he would build his sled and give details as to what he did and how it helped or didn't.
If he aspired to have a very fast sled, it would be ready for next week. Not playing even a little.
Back to the sled, it is what it is. And it's 100% stock, and at least he has a point of reference to build off of.
BTW, what does a completely stock boost run, I have no idea?
Strike that last comment, I do have an idea.

Last edited:
It is a lesson on how rider forward ergonomics, long travel suspensions, tall track lugs, and long tracks over 129" have robbed efficiency from sleds. A completely stock 140 to 150 hp sled like a Vmax4, SRX triple, or an original Apex could easily break 110 mph on the hard pack but now it takes 160+ hp for sleds to break 100mph. One of our riding buddies has had two different 850 Renegades that won't come close to 100mph gps on a rail bed and I could get into why the current Ski Doo's are relatively slow on top end but that's a whole other thread.

Why run 2000 feet especially with a 2 stroke ?

Is there a graph of his run from the draggy ?

It is a lesson on how rider forward ergonomics, long travel suspensions, tall track lugs, and long tracks over 129" have robbed efficiency from sleds. A completely stock 140 to 150 hp sled like a Vmax4, SRX triple, or an original Apex could easily break 110 mph on the hard pack but now it takes 160+ hp for sleds to break 100mph. One of our riding buddies has had two different 850 Renegades that won't come close to 100mph gps on a rail bed and I could get into why the current Ski Doo's are relatively slow on top end but that's a whole other thread.
Couldn't agree more, Bob. Crazy how far we haven't come, since the 80's
Same thing applies to the Corvette.... seemingly repackaging it, over & over. As long as sales are up, right?

Why run 2000 feet especially with a 2 stroke ?

Is there a graph of his run from the draggy ?
None that I'm aware of. I only posted as it follows along with the thread theme.
And like Bob stated, what's changed in the last 30yrs?
I guess I'll invest some money in an old triple see how it goes. Still have $22k in my pocket. Lol. and that's not picking on any brand, just the way I see things

I agree , just look at the size of the new sleds, their huge. Can remember back in the day when they transitioned from a factory 0.5 lug track to a 0.75 lug track the radar guys were pissed .

I guess I'll invest some money in an old triple see how it goes. Still have $22k in my pocket. Lol. and that's not picking on any brand, just the way I see things
If its only speed you want...forget the old two strokes pickup a used SW or 998 TCat and do some chassis mods, a big tune, ect and go REAL fast! Like DMCturbo

You must value his honesty. As his financial resources are seemingly limitless.
Back in the day he would build his sled and give details as to what he did and how it helped or didn't.
If he aspired to have a very fast sled, it would be ready for next week. Not playing even a little.
Back to the sled, it is what it is. And it's 100% stock, and at least he has a point of reference to build off of.
BTW, what does a completely stock boost run, I have no idea?
Strike that last comment, I do have an idea.
I understand and I’m saying that’s bad because honestly a 600 should do that on glare ice in 2000 ft.
This was my sled prior to anything done last season. Had 128 1.63 triggers and stock everything else with 60 miles on sled.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.png
    IMG_1452.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 66

Back