• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP Mod Airbox Round 2

Well I am wondering which one to order for my sled the ECP kit or the Modified air box. Which one Freddie?

OK, I'm new here, but just pulled the trigger on a new 05 RX1-ER. This is my first Yamaha, since my 98 and 00 SRX's, which I loved. My dealer has done alot of dragging, and knows I'm always looking for the tweaks to make my sled run at it's best. He told me, "leave it alone-they are very hard to improve on". Now I'm hearing all this airbox mod talk. Help me out here. I know about the secondary machining (did that on my SRX's) and general setup and such, but what are proven mods for this sled? It sounds like the new suspension will help with the holeshots. I live in Ellington CT, own a bakery distribution business in CT, and even sell bakery to the Newtown school system-right next door to Supertuner. On that note, ST, do you know Gary at New England-or the Nadeau Bros? How 'bout Lawrence Stiles in Maine? All longtime Yammy freaks and racers.

SUPERTUNER said:
wolfie said:
On that note, ST, do you know Gary at New England-or the Nadeau Bros? How 'bout Lawrence Stiles in Maine? All longtime Yammy freaks and racers.

Yes I know them all quite well. Due to the distance I don't know Stiles as well but we have had our paths cross in the past. All good good guys too! :D

Larry Stiles is my uncle, Kevin Bailey is another old friend. Pretty fast SRX draggers.....

Back