• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine Cuts Out

plake

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX
What's up? Engine cuts out under hard acceleration and even backfired. No codes showing and runs fine when accelerating easy. You almost get thrown off, starts to pull really hard and cuts out.

I would check your battery connections to start.

What's up? Engine cuts out under hard acceleration and even backfired. No codes showing and runs fine when accelerating easy. You almost get thrown off, starts to pull really hard and cuts out.

The first 15-20 miles are fine then it starts doing it. Battery connections suggested??

Whats the fuel level? Is it down on fuel in the tank, full or what?

It's what happens when they run out. That's why I'm asking. Could be fuel starvation under acceleration when low on fuel.

Possible revlimiter?

What are the RPM's when it happens?

I started a thread about this yesterday "I could use help"...is your clutching stock? I'm thinking (and hoping) it's my limiter, because it doesn't happen every time I accelerate hard.

I'm all stock. I'm not sure of RPM's but pretty sure it's not over. It hasn't accelerated long enough to over rev.

If that's the case it sounds like it can only be a fuel delivery issue or possible electrical. If its electrical it would act like you hitting the kill switch and turning it on again, Fuel delivery will kinda surge, drop RPM but stay running and pop thru the intake kinda on and off type of deal.

Anything to the break in chip thing that came from other post? I think it said it came from Yamaha.

If that's the case it sounds like it can only be a fuel delivery issue or possible electrical. If its electrical it would act like you hitting the kill switch and turning it on again, Fuel delivery will kinda surge, drop RPM but stay running and pop thru the intake kinda on and off type of deal.
what knapp said, sounds like fuel pump. not enough fuel pressure for wot.

Back