• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Donut Bolts

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
Hey guys, hopeing you can help me. I am tearing down the Vector tonight to replace the exhaust donuts. I want to replace the Allen Bolts with new hex stainless bolts. But the problem is since I dont have it apart yet I dont know the bolt size and was hoping someone would know the bolt size and thread pattern of the replacement so I can stop and pick 3 of them up so I have them ready tonight....

And of course trails open tomorrow.... Nothing like waiting till last minute.... :o|

Thanks GUYS!

Not sure what size they are as far as thread and length. Good luck getting the old ones out, I had to grind the heads off of all 4 of mine, they would not turn loose.

you should change the clamps because they wear when the donuts get used and if you keep the clamps and even file the spacer down to make them clamp harder they will wear into the pipes and that will get very expensive

I don't know the size of the bolt, if I were to guess it's an M6 or 4 and the thread is 1.25

I just replaced my donuts and I just broke the bolts, grinded off the nuts and rewelded new nuts and used hex bolts

Kyle

The new gaskets come with new bolts !
Soak the old bolts with PB blast and they will come right out , clean threads in clamps and reinstall !

Back