• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First week with the sidewinder

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha sidewinder xtx se
Hello! Since this is My first post and just my first week with the sidewinder I thought I would share my expieriences with the sled.

First off, I live in the northern parts of Sweden and er have recieved about one meter of snow which make it quite intresting to test out a New sled. :) If you didn't Know already, it's really fast, and the skis stay up for as long as you want them to. I opted to change the tuner 3's and put CA PRO bx skis on the sled and they seem to work quite well. The sled "floats" and cuts the corners good, and if you still need More twist, it's quite easy to put her on the side and pull the trigger.

It is heavy, but coming from an apex eps, it is still very balanced and fairly "lightweight" and the chassis feels very balanced. I wouldn't mind larger lugs in the powder though since the sled would have no trouble spinning larger lugs. All in all it's easy to manouver even for me, a relative beginner to snowmobiling. Looking forward towards the rest of the season!

johan...check out the slp mohawks...seemingly the perfect ski for TRAILS AND POWDER...plus way lighter steering that the CA skis..

Great report thanks hope we get some snow and cold soon. Thanks for the real life experience . Yamadoo

Describe the power :4STroke:

If I compare with my friends -16 Viper it totally rips. I don't really feel any lag from the turbo spooling, except for a very short period of time at low speeds. Compared to my Apex I would say they are about even initially and after the First ten meters the Sidewinder totally crusches the Apex. The feeling is that you just want to squeeze that trigger in order to feel the rush that the sled provides. It growls and snarls and it hits 100mph before you can even blink. I can tell you all that the trail seems pretty narrow as soon as that throttle is pulled. :)

Thanks for the report...it's nice to hear from somebody with some seat time, please keep the reports coming.

yes,thanks for the nice report,so far on mine 2 miles,all on grass,some drag racing 400 feet,this coming weekend we will do some more only 600 feet,all on clean grass.

Back