• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First week with the sidewinder

well , until we get snow, grass will have to do.. but let the seat time begin..:bling

Congrats on being one of the 1st to post a review on the actual production version! What model were you reporting on??

More updates would be appreciated as we all wait for snow in NA.

Congrats on being one of the 1st to post a review on the actual production version! What model were you reporting on??

More updates would be appreciated as we all wait for snow in NA.

I have the Yamaha Sidewinder XTX 141 SE.
Yamaha skidplate
Icescratchers
Yamaha handcovers
CA PRO boondocking extreme

Running time: 7.8 hours and counting
Distance: 78 kilometers (most of it in deep powder)

Just about the only negative I have to say is that I got a crack in the instrument cluster which appeared sitting on my driveway before the first drive and without external force. My dealer has already ordered a new one due to tension in the actual glass. Tomorrow is going to be my next trip out and we are planning to go hunting for som fast trails to see more of what she can do when you push it some further. :)

34snnsh.jpg

When mounting the handguards, did you have to move the throttlelever and the brakelever towards the middle to attach the handguardbrackets?
P.s nice sled!!

Thanks for the info. I would like to know, how much gas is it sucking down so far?

Is it building ice in front of the intercooler? Not so much Cold air going thru there. Gratulere med en fantastisk rå Yamaha :)

It builds Ice but it is not fair to say that it builds ice in the intercooler since we Went throuh lots of snow before the picture was taken and the winder does seem to Gather snow up front... no overheating problems so far! Tomorrow is a new day and we are planning to go on a 50km ride.

Thanks for the info. I would like to know, how much gas is it sucking down so far?

I estimate around 1,6litres per 10km so take that and convert to non-metric. IF you want exact Numbers I am going to refuel this week.

Back