• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

jpr-ltx-dx 2015

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
sr viper ltx dx
Is there others whit that issue.mine have 200km and have a flat spot on a roller.yamaha say not cover.and back order for at least 3 weeks.i just saisd forget it and get 3 rollers from a 2015 cat driven and it fit there and work good so,have to let you know if you're in the same boat.the rollers have the same over all diameter,width,and center hole too.

Is there others whit that issue.mine have 200km and have a flat spot on a roller.yamaha say not cover.and back order for at least 3 weeks.i just saisd forget it and get 3 rollers from a 2015 cat driven and it fit there and work good so,have to let you know if you're in the same boat.the rollers have the same over all diameter,width,and center hole too.

jpr-ltx-dx 2015, how did you notice the flat spot? What were the symptoms ?
BTW Heard a guy took his SW for the first service and the dealer noticed the flat spot on the roller, he said he didn't notice any symptoms.

Last edited:
The first time I saw the new roller secondary driven clutch it reminded me of the hymark roller secondary kits back in mid 90's made for yamaha's , what a piece of sh.... That was! But I assured myself these rollers are larger in diameter it'll work great. Hope I'm right

opened the side cover to take a look if all is ok and saw that flat spot on the roller.flat spot mean binding and binding is never a good thing in drive system.

1 of my rollers has a flat spot also. No issues...but as jpr mentioned..."binding is never a good thing"

Reinventing the wheel here and think a better, improved wheel with less slop is in order.

1 of my rollers has a flat spot also. No issues...but as jpr mentioned..."binding is never a good thing"

Reinventing the wheel here and think a better, improved wheel with less slop is in order.
the one with the flat spot is it touching helix or floating in mid air? I have one that is not touching helix and im guessing this might be the one that could or will develop a flat spot

the one with the flat spot is it touching helix or floating in mid air? I have one that is not touching helix and im guessing this might be the one that could or will develop a flat spot

The one with the flat spot was not touching

I have had cams with bad cuts before? Aftermarket cam's?

DO the Cat rollers all touch helix. All three touching helix?

IM wondering if the rough of the helix COMBINDED with belt dust is stopping the roller TOO SOFT momentarily and thereby causing the flat spot..

one pic is stock with pretty much zero miles...second is ramps polished yamrollerhelix.JPG 20161210_112641.jpg

Back