• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

Does anyone have a customer service number or email we can call? Most dealers haven't got a clue.

Does anyone have a customer service number or email we can call? Most dealers haven't got a clue.
I just talked to the Service Mgr at my dealership about the rollers. He hadn't heard of the issue yet, but is going to send an email to his TSM then get back to me. I can just about guarantee you that Scott Harrison will have no idea what you're talking about if you call YMCA Consumer Relations. This is a very new issue, and I doubt many of the SW owners out there even know they have (or potentially have) an issue.

Are these supposed to be a different material than the CAT part number in this thread?

Yes, they are a different material and produced to tighter tolerances.

My dealer called Yamaha. They are aware of the issue and are sending different rollers. Might be a month though. I'm going to try the cat ones for now.

Well at least they are on top of things at Yamaha! By the time the new rollers come out they will be asking people to put money down on a spring order again! Big joke! Bought the cat rollers today and fit nicely. 20 to 30 min job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody have tried cat roller yet? What is the feedback? Does works great ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Just took my clutch to dealer and they supplied me with new roller and they were the cat part number. I cant confirm if this is the fix or they read this thread but they supplied them free of charge.

Just took my clutch to dealer and they supplied me with new roller and they were the cat part number. I cant confirm if this is the fix or they read this thread but they supplied them free of charge.
Hahhahahaa... really... with the torlon ones from ac?

Talked to my dealer this morning about replacement rollers,not coming to late January. Phoned Cat dealers until I found some in stock. Replaced the Yamaha rollers, easy to do and Cat rollers fit well. I will try this week-end.

FWIW after looking at mine after 500 miles they are fine. I thought they looked like they were flat spotting after the first day but when I checked today all is good. Out of curiosity, the people with flat spotted ones, what is your secondary spring set at?

FWIW after looking at mine after 500 miles they are fine. I thought they looked like they were flat spotting after the first day but when I checked today all is good. Out of curiosity, the people with flat spotted ones, what is your secondary spring set at?

stock setting, never been touched, 112 miles

I know is at 6 outer but don't know inner... stock setting

Back