• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front VS Rear mount Turbo Sled showdown at ShootOut Dec 7th

I propose we set a tentative date, meet down in Old Forge say at Slickers then trail ride these speed monsters we all have and then proceed to ride them up to Big Moose via the trail sysyem. Now we have "trail sleds" to have a little unofficial shootout with. Leave all the excuses home and run what you brung. Then top it off with cocktails at the Glenmore,where we can all talk shite. :jump: :jump: :jump:

SPEED said:
I propose we set a tentative date, meet down in Old Forge say at Slickers then trail ride these speed monsters we all have and then proceed to ride them up to Big Moose via the trail sysyem. Now we have "trail sleds" to have a little unofficial shootout with. Leave all the excuses home and run what you brung. Then top it off with cocktails at the Glenmore,where we can all talk shite.

Hey grassracer2001, what do you think of this?

:)

Ted I believe your 100% right but it will be fun :Rockon: :Rockon:

I should have added: To participate in this gala event you must trail ride to the lake from Slickers with the group(just to keep it on the up n up)

I'm hoping the laws a Physics will smile upon me - SPEED said -

I weigh 290lbs (full of cheeseburgers and beer) My son runs an 05 Mach with big bore kit pipes and 60hp shot NOS.He weighs 250lbs.(full of $hit)

I'm a little down on power, but I'm also down about 100lbs :jump:

somebody please pick a date!!

Count me in on all this, The old man [speed] can't see to good so I will help him get around, also everybody that is on this ride has to get lunch meat to throw at him, he gets hungry on the trail.

all joking aside, I like the Idea of getting all the boosted sled together that are in the old forge area, Might be able to learn some things off each other.

Ted you should come out, I know we could all learn a thing or two from your input.

This will be a good time, lets see how the snow holds and when the lakes are froze.

aja636 said:
Count me in on all this, The old man [speed] can't see to good so I will help him get around, also everybody that is on this ride has to get lunch meat to throw at him, he gets hungry on the trail.

all joking aside, I like the Idea of getting all the boosted sled together that are in the old forge area, Might be able to learn some things off each other.

Ted you should come out, I know we could all learn a thing or two from your input.

This will be a good time, lets see how the snow holds and when the lakes are froze.

I wouldn't miss it unless catastrophy strikes.

I just want to clear things up , I am partial to salami,proscuitto, and provolone, and don't throw it to hard.(I still have all my teeth)
Andy Ijust pushed over 300 geared up so I need a spot of say 10 sled lenghts ;)!

Let's get some tentative dates thrown up so we can work this out.
Art
I say maybe 1st or 2nd weekend in Feb, should have some good ice by then.More suggestions?????

SPEED said:
I just want to clear things up , I am partial to salami,proscuitto, and provolone, and don't throw it to hard.(I still have all my teeth)
Andy Ijust pushed over 300 geared up so I need a spot of say 10 sled lenghts ;)!

Let's get some tentative dates thrown up so we can work this out.
Art
I say maybe 1st or 2nd weekend in Feb, should have some good ice by then.More suggestions?????

This is looking interesting! I have a whack of holidays to use up - can someone give me a town name for Google Maps?

Jim , How are you doing, they have no idea I have the stealth pan under my sled,The air vents make me faster than I look
If you will Google Utica New York and we are 1hour north of there.Hope you can make it.
Art ;)!

Lets get some dates up here and see who is in and get this thing firmed up. Even if your not boosted I think all should be welcome, we have a radar gun available, lets say 600 ft run and 1000ft. It should be a blast.
Any Idea's or input ,jump in :Rockon:

I can only make it somewhere between early December and early April - other than that I'm good :tg:

Anymore SC/carb guys in the neighborhood, I don't want to be the only red-headed stepchild

This should be a hoot - I think a spirited run up trail 10 should sort out any no suspension types!

mbarryracing, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but this has gone in an interesting direction - please keep us posted! :rocks:

mbarry, didn't mean to hijack your thread ,am assuming your in by your previous post. your welcome to give my s/c a blast down the lake also. Not as fast as those big turbos (just as much fun on the trails tho) ;)!

aja636 said:
I just sent this post to lakercr, and thought other might need it.

this is a link for directions to Old Forge, NY. The Waters Edge Inn is right in the middle of town and right at the head of trail 1 which will get you anywhere. If you need any more info just let me know and I will do what I can.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safa ... 1&ct=image

Art/AJ,

I'd really like to make this happen! I checked the distance and I'm about 25 hours door-to-door for the location AJ sent me.

I'll give Allen a poke and see if he can spare a day or two. we could meet in Minnneaplois and then split up the driving from there. I think I can bring something to run well in 1320'. Don't spend any time on 660', but that is hardly what this about. I'll race Ted in 660', but he has to do a Le Mans start... :flag:

Maybe we can even throw HLMRX1 in the truck. He's down to the short strokes on a new boosted set-up for this winter.

Back