• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Mileage Question

DeepFrz

Expert
I haven't been able to ride my Nytro XTX a whole lot this season because of the low snow, but the three times I've gone out, it seems my sled is burning more fuel than it has in years past. It's a 2011 Nytro XTX with 4500 miles on it, 2" Challenger track, and a 19t top gear.

This past weekend (only trail riding, temps in the 20's), the sled went about 110 miles on roughly 8.8 gallons of fuel, or 12.5mpg. Am I crazy and this mileage seems normal with this setup, or does it seem a little low? Is there something I should be inspecting?

I am wondering the same thing. I have noticed that my fuel mileage has decreased from last year although I haven't changed anything on the sled. Spark plugs possibly?

I have 1,900 miles this year on
My XTX. I have been averaging 15 mpg. At around 90 miles I usually fill up most I ever went between fill up is 118 miles. I was sweating it lol.

I noticed last winter that my sled was hitting higher rpms than usual wide open, and my fuel mileage was hurting overall. I logged a number of trips and I definitely was not getting the distance out of a tank.

Since it was time, I had both clutches rebuilt this summer and everything is back to normal this season. I am getting the kind of mileage per tank I used to and rpms are back where they were. Sled had 15,000 km on it before rebuild. Could be the same thing on yours.
MS

Ethanol ? Depending on where you live you might have E10 or E15. That will reduce your milage. And I don't think it is regulated on how it is monitored with how the truck drivers put the stuff in to the tanker .so you could be getting more or less . Just saying .I am sure some one on here will know more than me on this . ETHANOL REDUCES YOU FUEL MILAGE THAT'S WHY I ASKED IF YOU HAVE IT IN YOUR GAS WHERE YOU LIVE ... SOME STATES DON'T REQUIRE IT.:-o

Last edited:
I am not afraid of ethanol at all. I really see no difference I run 87 octain I do add Star tron fuel treatment periodically throughout the season and during both spring and fall services.

Screenshot_2016-02-18-10-05-06.png

I was just trying to point out , you don't have any way to tell how much Ethanol you actually have in your gas . It's a big scam.its not regulated nobody watches how much the actual mix is .

Back