• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Future Yamaha Jet Boat owner

DoktorC said:
LazyBastard said:
DoktorC said:
My boat's fun Lazy...and it can burn close to $100/hr...but then again I'll be 40 miles ahead of you :).
I don't believe you that your boat can go 110 mph...
How much does it burn at 45-50 mph (to compare to the top end of a jetdrive)?

I honestly have NO idea on my fuel usage...it doesn't even register as a concern. It won't do 110...I said I was 40mph faster then you...which I stand by ;). It does actually have the potential to run that fast...I'm just working my way up (32pitch, 1.80 gears, 7500rpm...if you want to check my numbers..the cleaver runs about 6% slip).

Just quit calling people names and insulting their boats....
If that is his boat(doktorc) at the bottom of his signature line, I DONT DOUBT it for a minute that it will do 110. I am sure that it will do that pretty easily.

BlueByYou2000 said:
Anyone who buys a boat to "Save" money is just kidding themselves.

Boating-a hole in the water in which you throw your money!"

haha, so true. even on a waverunner. my gp1300r holds 16 gallons and in the manual it says it will burn all 16 gallons in an hour WOT. i don't doubt it one bit but i never tried.

timebomb said:
BlueByYou2000 said:
Anyone who buys a boat to "Save" money is just kidding themselves.

Boating-a hole in the water in which you throw your money!"

haha, so true. even on a waverunner. my gp1300r holds 16 gallons and in the manual it says it will burn all 16 gallons in an hour WOT. i don't doubt it one bit but i never tried.

The GPR can be tough on fuel...but they do work VERY well. Yours still stock?

yeah its bone stock, i just have riva sponsons on it. its for sale if anyone is interested. i absolutley love that waverunner. a ton of power and alot of fun. it flat out flys. i had 66.4 mph on my gps with 2 people on it. i just never had the time to ride it, its an 04 and i don't think it has 50 hrs on it. i never even took it out of storage last summer. i'll miss her though. the funnest thing to do with it was race other boats. suprised the hell out of alot of other boaters that thought it was just another jet ski that there boat could beat. got alot of compliments at the boat launch.

Two years ago i purchased a 2007 Seadoo Speedster 150.. 215hp Supercharged..

I love this boat.. ITs wickedly fast.. and gets great gas milage.. (and no i didnt work the numbers) IT handles on a dime and i can crank the wheel at almost full speed to pull some crazy G forces..

There are alot of reasons to own a jet boat over a prop.. For one around here where i live.. 8 out of 10 boat owners eventually lose an outdrive to a stump or a tree under the water.. That wont happen on a jet.. and i can go places in shallow water that a prop boat wont..

Ive got an 08 FX Cruiser SHO that absolutely rips. That 1800 Supercharged 4 stroke is incredible. It passes everything BUT the gas station and I could care less as I didnt buy it for its gas mileage.

BlueByYou2000 said:
Ive got an 08 FX Cruiser SHO that absolutely rips. That 1800 Supercharged 4 stroke is incredible. It passes everything BUT the gas station and I could care less as I didnt buy it for its gas mileage.

sweet, i'm jealous. those 1.8L SC are nuts. do you know what the hp is on them? it seems to be a big secret with yamaha. i would guess around 250. dealer i bought the jet boat from has a new fzs on the floor. that thing is nuts. that motor is now in the jet boats minus the sc

timebomb said:
BlueByYou2000 said:

sweet, i'm jealous. those 1.8L SC are nuts. do you know what the hp is on them? it seems to be a big secret with yamaha. i would guess around 250. dealer i bought the jet boat from has a new fzs on the floor. that thing is nuts. that motor is now in the jet boats minus the sc

Ive heard 264HP from a very reputable source. Not sure, all I know is it accelerated like no other Ski ive ever been on. Top End is about the same as the RXP-X.

DoktorC said:
I honestly have NO idea on my fuel usage...it doesn't even register as a concern. It won't do 110...I said I was 40mph faster then you...which I stand by ;).
If it won't do 110, then it isn't 40mph faster than me because I *CAN* do 70 mph... actually a little over. Especially when its cold out with a little chop. 26 pitch, stock gearing. Zero slip at 5500 maths out to 72.8, add a little slip and spin it a little over and you can see how it works out....

It does actually have the potential to run that fast...I'm just working my way up (32pitch, 1.80 gears, 7500rpm...if you want to check my numbers..the cleaver runs about 6% slip).
Those numbers give 119 mph....
But it won't do 110? Or you just haven't held it wide for long enough to get it up there?

You sure you're running 7500 rpm? Red line is 5500... not that that's all it'll turn....

What kind of modifications have you done to that engine (aside from gearing which you've obviously changed)?

LazyBastard said:
DoktorC said:
I honestly have NO idea on my fuel usage...it doesn't even register as a concern. It won't do 110...I said I was 40mph faster then you...which I stand by ;).
If it won't do 110, then it isn't 40mph faster than me because I *CAN* do 70 mph... actually a little over. Especially when its cold out with a little chop. 26 pitch, stock gearing. Zero slip at 5500 maths out to 72.8, add a little slip and spin it a little over and you can see how it works out....

It does actually have the potential to run that fast...I'm just working my way up (32pitch, 1.80 gears, 7500rpm...if you want to check my numbers..the cleaver runs about 6% slip).
But it won't do 110? Or you just haven't held it wide for long enough to get it up there?

You sure you're running 7500 rpm? Red line is 5500... not that that's all it'll turn....

What kind of modifications have you done to that engine (aside from gearing which you've obviously changed)?

Dude.. LET IT GO.... IT doesnt matter..

BlueByYou2000 said:
timebomb said:
BlueByYou2000 said:

Ive heard 264HP from a very reputable source. Not sure, all I know is it accelerated like no other Ski ive ever been on. Top End is about the same as the RXP-X.

Its a well known fact that an impeller change on these sleds can pick up some serious top speeds..

THey go quicker 0-60 than a new corvette.

LazyBastard said:
I *CAN* do 70 mph... actually a little over. Especially when its cold out with a little chop. 26 pitch, stock gearing. Zero slip at 5500 maths out to 72.8, add a little slip and spin it a little over and you can see how it works out....

FYI 10% slip is common with most off the shelf props.

Yes I'm sure about my RPM lol. Mods...ported block, Mad Efi, light flywheel, reeds, 14" mid, lightweight HPDI cowl, custom lower, balanced crank...

I have no doubts that the boat will run 110...I have my doubts about me wanting to do it though.

Ive done 126mph GPS in my buddys SKEETER boat with twin 300hp merc racing outdrives..

THATS CRAZZZY FAST..

welterracer said:
BlueByYou2000 said:
timebomb said:
BlueByYou2000 said:

Its a well known fact that an impeller change on these sleds can pick up some serious top speeds..

THey go quicker 0-60 than a new corvette.

Brian, Ive heard the same. What impeller is everyone going with?

Heres what I want next

Attachments

• Donzi Classic 22.jpg
    Donzi Classic 22.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 200

Back