• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

handwarmers fixed

I'm still having a huge problem with cold hands on my RX-1. Mostly when it’s below zero. I wear top of the line Remia gloves, but still freeze the tips of my fingers. I just started riding with another RX-1 and that guy tells me he is either turning his hand warmers down or off while my fingers freeze! The only difference is our windshields. He has a stock one and I run a shortly. I'm switching back to the stock windshield before my next ride to see if that helps. I had added hand guards to see if it would do the trick, but it didn’t and I didn’t like the look. Hopefully the windshield will help?!

note

is your heated viser hooked in to the blue wire for the hand grips. if so this could be the sorce of your problems. i put mine in this wire and later moved it to the starter realy after the hand grips lost lots of heat. this also add,s more strain on the ecu and burns the heat control out of the ecu :eek:

SkiDoo has gauntlets that fit over the handlebars. On our recent trip Bluedog bought 2 sets and everybody really liked them. We had 2 other brands with us but they did not fit nearly as well. Only about $20. Bluedog only wears a very thin glove so he can adjust his sound system and his hands are perfectly warm with very little grip heat with the gauntlets.

But how are the gauntlets for letting your hand in and out of them quickly? Sometimes you meet on a corner and want to signal how many behind, or you are signaling and you need to get the hand back on the bar for control.

impalapower said:
But how are the gauntlets for letting your hand in and out of them quickly? Sometimes you meet on a corner and want to signal how many behind, or you are signaling and you need to get the hand back on the bar for control.

I know, some are very hard to get your hand in and out of. These are very short which is helpful, I'd say you could get your hand back in in less than 2 seconds. I probably rode 300+ miles with these and even from the begining I was never frustrated trying to get my hands back in.

I have an electrical problem and you may have mentioned something similar. If I ran all day at a high handgrip setting, the sled would not start the next day it had to be jumped. On the days wearing gauntlets and little or no handgrip heat, it started fine.

Back