• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have a 12 Apex base. Is there a track bearing tune up kit available.

Double A

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 Apex
My 12 Apex base model has 5500 miles on it and id like to replace all of the bearings in the track. Is there a kit available anywhere. When I look them up one at a time on the Yamaha parts websites they can get very expensive?? Let me know if anyone knows of a kit available anywhere. Thanks in advance.

No real kit that I know of. Just go down to your local automotive supply store and pick up the correct NTN bearing.
Buyer beware. Getting "cheap" non NTN bearings is not always the best way to go.

No real kit that I know of. Just go down to your local automotive supply store and pick up the correct NTN bearing.
Buyer beware. Getting "cheap" non NTN bearings is not always the best way to go.
Do you mean match the numbers of the bearings.

Yup. On the seal cover you will see the numbers like 5204 with a suffix like LU or RS. The 5204 is the bearing and if memory serves me right the suffix is the seal type.

In my experience the bearings supplied in the All Balls kits are very poor quality. I’ve had much better luck with NTN bearings as a quality replacement for the overpriced OE stuff.

NTN bearings I'm looking at replacing bearings in my skid. What are blue seal NTN bearings are those what I want?

Any bearing you get it going to eventually fail because of the wet environment they live in and the factory grease they put in them is a generic machine grease. I have replaced many idler wheel bearings with cheap ones but always repack with a good waterproof grease and that seems to make them last.
Same with driveshaft speedo side bearing...

NTN bearings I'm looking at replacing bearings in my skid. What are blue seal NTN bearings are those what I want?
From my understanding the blue seal ntn bearings are higher quality than the standard black seal ntn bearings.
You will be fine with either ones..

Has anyone tried the new NTN Black Ice bearings?

I didn't want to link to another site that does not advertise here, but if you Google it you can see.

Just use marine grease in the bearing, it's lithium base (wax) which doesn't wash out like oil based grease. I re-grease mine every year and am still running all the same bearings that I put in to replace the wheels with the non-replaceable bearings.

Back