• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many people have the yes warranty

We have 2 - 2014 Vipers with the 5-year YES warranty. I believe we paid $280 for both Vipers. All repairs were covered by service bulletins so no use of the YES yet.

Buying 2 first year vehicles with a new chassis Manufacturer the YES significantly reduced any concerns I might have had with first year issues. I have had four first year Yamaha vehicles not counting my 1966 YDS3 motorcycle. And never had an extended warranty on any of them until now. I must say that each one of those first year models had an issue that was taken care of by Yamaha outside of the warranty period.

Last edited:

It is diffently worth it! Wife's 2014 Rtx se with 3000 miles blew the chaincase and took out the oil tank as well while we where in the yoop over new yrs. $1700.00 in damages. Y.E.S covered eveything.. Took a little time to get reimbursed for the T.R.I.P ( rental sled for her and the towing expense) but the check came in the mail last week.

It is diffently worth it! Wife's 2014 Rtx se with 3000 miles blew the chaincase and took out the oil tank as well while we where in the yoop over new yrs. $1700.00 in damages. Y.E.S covered eveything.. Took a little time to get reimbursed for the T.R.I.P ( rental sled for her and the towing expense) but the check came in the mail last week.

By the sounds of this I will be extending my warranty. It's up the end of March on my 2014 rtx se. It sounds like it's worth it for the peace of mind if something were to ever go wrong. I have had zero issues with mine and is why I went with the 1049. With snow conditions the past two seasons (south west ont) with it only averaging 1500 km a year it's barely broken in. As a few of you have said the more time you have logged on it the more comfortable and happy you feel with it and I agree. I didn't buy it to be the lightest or fastest or spend more time wrenching then riding and bottom line it's done this for me. Hoping for one last trek north before we bust out the sun screen! Liking the info on this TY forum thanks err body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid $280 as well. It was a deal in November, is what the finance Manager told me.

Is this 280 deal still available? If not, is there any better deal for the 4 year than the $550 on eBay?

Correct me if I'm wrong but asking my dealer last week he told me...when the original factory warranty runs out then the yes warranty kicks in if purchased... Once the yes warranty is over ,you can not purchase an additional yes warranty?

Correct me if I'm wrong but asking my dealer last week he told me...when the original factory warranty runs out then the yes warranty kicks in if purchased... Once the yes warranty is over ,you can not purchase an additional yes warranty?
True unless you didn't get the max available. For instance if you only got 1 or 2 years in addition to the factory 1 year you could still buy more up to a total of 5 years. But only if you are still under warranty factory or YES.

True unless you didn't get the max available. For instance if you only got 1 or 2 years in addition to the factory 1 year you could still buy more up to a total of 5 years. But only if you are still under warranty factory or YES.

Correct I can purchase additional years to my YPP+ warranty. I can add an additional 3 more to this machine. [emoji1360]

Correct I can purchase additional years to my YPP+ warranty. I can add an additional 3 more to this machine. [emoji1360]

Just talked to the Toronto office. Just shy of 350 bucks Canadian to add another 12 months to my ypp+. I think that's reasonable.

I broke my center skid shock in HALF last week. It literally broke the rod in 2 pieces. 2015 viper XTX under the Y.E.S. Warranty. Yamaha would not cover it. Said the Y.E.S. warranty did not cover shocks, but that the factory warranty did. I was a bit put off by it.

First off I'd like to ask what is the YES warranty? Okay I bought my sr viper last fall going on 2 years this December, now I asked about ext. warranty from my dealer. He said I can get up to 2 years. So because of a busy lifestyle I f****d up and called last week and he said my warranty was not available because I had to buy it within 1 year ! FFFF. So now I'm out and I truly am not really satisfied with my sled, the reverse goes out once in a while now and will work only when the sled cools down. And I truly believe I am on a road of doom for problems with this sled down the road. I would think YAMAHA as a huge company would have the courtesy to send a reminder about getting a warranty! SUCKS big time.

Back