• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much to replace jackshaft and chaincase bearings ?

did my speedo and secondary clutch bears myself for $70.00 ish. the chain case side was good and don't usualy have problems.My guess to change bearings seals and labor would be form $250.00 - $400.00 any more than that seems $$$$$$y

i'm sure somebody has had this done and will give more accurate price for you.
Give a couple of dealers a call for guest-a-mits.

Cheers

August is done

;):D

black knight said:
did my speedo and secondary clutch bears myself for $70.00 ish. the chain case side was good and don't usualy have problems.My guess to change bearings seals and labor would be form $250.00 - $400.00 any more than that seems $$$$$$y

i'm sure somebody has had this done and will give more accurate price for you.
Give a couple of dealers a call for guest-a-mits.

Cheers

August is done

;):D
How many miles did you have when you changed yours ? Were they in bad shape ?
Also going to get the donuts and pipes changed to the stainless steel ones that yahama offers for about $200 bucks. Did you get yours done ?

i repacked the secondary and speedo bearings at about 4000 miles then at 6000miles. replaced with 6500 miles on them. speedo bearing was a little rough (happy i changes it)but secondary was still tight and smooth. Will repack new ones every 1500-2000miles cuz its worth it and easy. then change at 6000 or 7000mile for peace of mind.
ya i redid my donuts for the second time early summer, should have gone with the ss pipes.next year.good idea.I think ultra copper has helped me with extending the life of donuts.

Cheers

black knight said:
i repacked the secondary and speedo bearings at about 4000 miles then at 6000miles. replaced with 6500 miles on them. speedo bearing was a little rough (happy i changes it)but secondary was still tight and smooth. Will repack new ones every 1500-2000miles cuz its worth it and easy. then change at 6000 or 7000mile for peace of mind.
ya i redid my donuts for the second time early summer, should have gone with the ss pipes.next year.good idea.I think ultra copper has helped me with extending the life of donuts.

Cheers

How did you repack them?, and if you took the seal out, howd you get it out and back in without wrecking it?

If you repack the secondary bearing (clutch side)every fall it'll last forever, my buddy's RX1 '05 has over 13.000kms on OEM, the speedo bearing I use a NEEDLE on my grease gun and inject a couple of squirts during the riding season and replace it every fall, it only takes 1/2 hour or so I buy my bearings from a INDUSTRIAL bearing distributor for a 1/4 of the price, example the speedo cost me $13.00, "6205" $3.00/ea "6004" $2.75/ea...

yamahammer check out swiss sledders sticky on frequently asked q's.
Under mis. jackshaft and speedo bearing repack.

Before i pop seal back on i place it down on the smoothest surface i can find an put my head down beside it so i can see if there is any bends, bumps,ripples in it i may have put in it from removal. bend any out so its back to normal and pop it in making sure its sitting propourly with thebearing races. Done. Once you do this a couple of times you get the hang of poping seals.
the speedo bearing may get water in it do to its location to track and water. I had to use a hairdryer to melt some ice and compressed air to get the water out once.
Other than that go with the post from swiss sledder.

cheers

black knight said:
yamahammer check out swiss sledders sticky on frequently asked q's.
Under mis. jackshaft and speedo bearing repack.

Before i pop seal back on i place it down on the smoothest surface i can find an put my head down beside it so i can see if there is any bends, bumps,ripples in it i may have put in it from removal. bend any out so its back to normal and pop it in making sure its sitting propourly with thebearing races. Done. Once you do this a couple of times you get the hang of poping seals.
the speedo bearing may get water in it do to its location to track and water. I had to use a hairdryer to melt some ice and compressed air to get the water out once.
Other than that go with the post from swiss sledder.

cheers

AWESOME

Also, I have checked the FAQ's lots in the past, but didnt realize this would be in there.

Back