• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

In-Line Coolant Heater for Sidewinder

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
I would like to hear from anyone that has installed an inline coolant heater on a SW. This is a topic that there is very little info on. Some have installed heating pads on the lower block and oil tank.

The only coolant line that seems to be accessible is the lower line by the oil filter that goes between the bulkhead heat exchanger and the water pump by the primary clutch. Whether there is room enough to splice the line and insert the heater is questionable.

Someone must have done this??
Thanks
MS

I recently bought a 17 zr9000,I know it has a heater as the plug in is zip tied by the oil tank and the fellow I bought it off told me it had but he never used it and I didn't pay much attention to it,if if do a service in the next little bit I will snap some pictures.

P/N: SMA-HEATR-CL-NT
Not installed but purchased. I thought it was a good option if you have continual AC in the trailer (inverter).

I have one on my TCat. Installed in the hose you mention. It's really the only hose that can be used. Mine is closer to bulkhead side to avoid contact with oil filter. Cord accessible in right footwear.
Not sure what wattage is. Mine fits import cars with hoses about same size. Will keep coolant at 60 F even on nights when it's below zero.

I have one on my TCat. Installed in the hose you mention. It's really the only hose that can be used. Mine is closer to bulkhead side to avoid contact with oil filter. Cord accessible in right footwear.
Not sure what wattage is. Mine fits import cars with hoses about same size. Will keep coolant at 60 F even on nights when it's below zero.
Most of those heaters are 400 watts.
Thanks for confirming.
Did you install it?
I am curious if removing the entire hose is easier than trying to cut a piece out - inside through the access panel.
MS

Yes, I installed it myself.
It can be done through lower access panel opening (tip sled on side) but I first marked hose then removed it. Note, clamp on left side is behind clutch. You might have to remove clutch.
I use it allot. Works good.

Thank you for clarifying.
I have spoke to my dealer many times on this and he has never installed one on a SW.
Funny how lots of Apex, Vector and NYtro owners all used this device but very few Viper and SW owners use them.
Winter is still cold......

Had a few cold nights on the SW this winter and enough was enough.
MS

Thank you for clarifying.
I have spoke to my dealer many times on this and he has never installed one on a SW.
Funny how lots of Apex, Vector and NYtro owners all used this device but very few Viper and SW owners use them.
Winter is still cold......

Had a few cold nights on the SW this winter and enough was enough.
MS
I’m also interested in adding one to my SW, all my 4 stroke sleds had a coolant heater and worked great.
I was in La Sarre Quebec earlier this year and over night temps at just over -30c, sled started but barely, I think a few degrees colder and it wouldn’t of.

Last edited:
I've had my sled sit outside w temps -30F w heater plugged in. When I started sled, cluster temp display showed coolant temp at +47F. Engine cranked like it was warm. I think it is easier on engine for sure not to mention starter and battery. Oil temp has to warmer too for better lubrication at startup.

I had one on my nytro for years. It worked awesome.
My dealer was skeptical about installing it on the SW so I put it off - until i heard from others.
SHould have put one on right away.
MS

Back