• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Inline heater position on '14 VK

czales

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha VK Pro
Hey, guys. I am new to this site and am trying to determine the proper location for my inline heater. I have a '14 VK Pro and the line from the bottom of the thermostat (right side of engine facing forward) runs straight down and then under the length of the engine to the other side (left facing forward) and then up to the water pump. There is room to work on the right side but that's a long way for the heater to have any affect on the engine, and the left side is closest to the inlet to the engine but almost impossible to get into. Is this really the best place to mount the heater? I am thinking of pulling the hose out through the opening for the oil drain but not sure if I will get it back in with the heater installed on it.

I have a 2014 and my inline heater is on the right side vertical line. Works great, this was installed by a yamaha dealer, it looks like it is half way.

Thanks, dragerman. That's the spot that looks easiest to get at. How cold has it been when you used the heater. We've been getting a lot of -30C to -40C this year. When reading forums for other machines, it seems that everyone recommends getting the heater as close to the water pump and engine inlet as possible.

My temps have been the same the vk will start at -30c unassisted (no heat) but hard on any 4 stroke. I plugged it in the other day at -35c and fired up no problem. When I start my machine I will start cranking then slowly rock the ckoke open until it catches then leave it till light goes off then close choke as u normally would. When u plug it in leave it 3-4 hours or longer especially being that cold and a little further away from water pump, once you use it a few times you will know what works. I've left it plugged in all night sometimes.

Last edited:

Back