• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at some RX 1's what should I look for ?

YammyRX1 said:
superfan75 said:
Well just an update to everyone, I just picked up an 04' RX Warrior tonight. I can't wait to try it out this weekend !! I guess I'll be on the 4 Stroke side now. Thanx for everybody's advice.
Congrats on the new 'baby' (or mistress as my wife would call it). Coming off an older sled the riding position might not bother you but if you ever get the chance to try out a Warrior or RX-1 with the Apex seat mod and a riser you will probably not sleep until you do it to yours. Makes a big difference being able to stand for the bumps and just to straighten the knees on longer rides.

Well just about everyone raves about the Apex seat. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal on one. Do they just bolt on or does it take a lot of modifications to make it work.

maim said:
superfan75 said:
That's right, the groomer is going to have to work overtime this weekend !! I've never rode a 4 stroke and I can't wait to try it. I imagine its a little different than my viper. LOL

congrats on the purchase. a small peice of advice, the sled will be much smoother when you roll off and on the throttle. tends to hesitate a tiny bit when you just stab or mash the throttle.

Okay thanx for the advice. I've heard there's a fair amount engine breaking when you let of the throttle. I guess if you let off the throttle use the same principle and roll off the throttle as well. I'm sure I'll figure it out when I get a chance to ride it. We are in the middle of a big snowstorm so we will have at least a few more weeks of ridin'. Woo Hoo !!

superfan75 said:
YammyRX1 said:
superfan75 said:
Well just an update to everyone, I just picked up an 04' RX Warrior tonight. I can't wait to try it out this weekend !! I guess I'll be on the 4 Stroke side now. Thanx for everybody's advice.
Congrats on the new 'baby' (or mistress as my wife would call it). Coming off an older sled the riding position might not bother you but if you ever get the chance to try out a Warrior or RX-1 with the Apex seat mod and a riser you will probably not sleep until you do it to yours. Makes a big difference being able to stand for the bumps and just to straighten the knees on longer rides.

Well just about everyone raves about the Apex seat. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal on one. Do they just bolt on or does it take a lot of modifications to make it work.

There are a few threads with instructions but basically you have to trim a few inches off the gas tank cover and the rest fits as is. If you put a riser on some of the cables need to be longer and some can be re-routed.

YammyRX1 said:
There are a few threads with instructions but basically you have to trim a few inches off the gas tank cover and the rest fits as is. If you put a riser on some of the cables need to be longer and some can be re-routed.

You can get by with a SMALL (2 inches) riser without a new throttle cable, but it is close.

Back