• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low HP Shot on Yamaha Vector

bsevigny

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Vector XTX 1.75 LE with Elka Shocks
2013 Vector LTX
2016 Polaris Assault with 159 track and 35" front
2009 Polaris RMK 700
I am interested in adding a low HP shot on a Yamaha Vector (136" stretch with Ulmer Stage 3 clutch).

I would keep my sled clutched well without nitrous, and then use the bottle for runs across the lake. It would be fun to have an additonal 10-15 hp for the pulls across the lake without giving up the ablity to pound ditches and ride trails.

Can a person clutch their Vector for say 8,400 and have a 10-15 hp shot of nitrous and not bounce off the rev limiter?

Let me know if you have tried this and been sucessful, or if this is not a good implementation of nitrous.

Thank you,

Bgs

I was just helping out set up two AC Jag's (1100cc 4 stroke twin) with HOLTZMAN kits!!

These use just one 15gr (maybe it was 20? I dunno) nozzle. The nozzle fogs the airbox (along with the velocity of the air) so well, that I bet it's at least 25 hp to be gained.

I would bet in your case a single 4 stroke kit would be plenty, and a lot of fun too! It'll give you that extra edge, and the good thing is, you won't need the bottle to be warm either!!

Another thing is, the bottle with only one nozzle, will last twice as long!!

I'm, thinking about the doing the same thing. I have 4 Boss Noss 15 horse nozzles (60 total) I can use like the ones in the picture but not mounted to any bracket. When I used these nozzles with K&N filters on my RX1 I had nothing but problems I had to switch to the Rev style that Boss sells and mount them right in the carb throats . I was wondering if they would work for the Vector with a stock airbox. If so where would I put them?

Thanks Rx1M5

Attachments

• IMG_1025 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1025 (Medium).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 85

Back