• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maximum Lug Height

Phazernut

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 Viper ER.
96 V-Max 4
Pretty sure I know the answer but just want to confirm. I'm extending my Apex to 144. If I go to a 1.75 Back Country, will I have to remove my tunnel Protectors ? With a 1.5 cross over I can leave them in...correct?

Wnen I installed a 1.5" lug track on one of my Apex based sleds the tunnel protectors needed to be removed for proper clearance.

Nice to know. I thought the 1.5 would clear. If I have to remove the protectors for a 1.5 then the 1.75 will be going on anyway

I have put 3 back country tracks on attaks and every owner said the samething as I, this is the way the sled should have performed out of the box. The back country turn this sled in a different animal. On and off trail.

YamerHammer said:
I have put 3 back country tracks on attaks and every owner said the samething as I, this is the way the sled should have performed out of the box. The back country turn this sled in a different animal. On and off trail.

Big time

YamerHammer said:
So do the tunnel protectors have to come out ??? I am assuming yes but you know what they say about assuming!! LOL Being new to Yamahas I really don't know ???? :dunno:

Sounds like they will have to for the 1.75. Still looking for clarification on 1.5

Phazernut said:
Sounds like they will have to for the 1.75. Still looking for clarification on 1.5
Where are you in NFLD, I hunt there alot !! I love the people, have made lots of friends there!

skey01 said:
Phazernut said:
Where are you in NFLD, I hunt there alot !! I love the people, have made lots of friends there!

Living on the east coast right now outside of St John's. Grew up in central NFLD in Buchans.

you could drop the drivers down to 8 tooth and run the 1.75 with the protectors in. this will be costly with the new drivers and possible gear changes. you only need the protectors for studs anyway, and wont be studding a 1.75.

Back