• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mice

markshop

Veteran
Guys check your sleds for mice nests. I found a very big nest on my valve cover and y pipe. I mean it was 6 inches in diameter. That could have caused a fire. No signs of any wire eating though.

I started mine and smelled something getting hot. Shut it off, took off the tank and there was one in between the flexpipes off the header. Had to get my trailer rewired because they ate all of the wiring in it.

Mice are bad I had my wiring chewed up on a sled I had years ago! Made a nest in the airbox and they even got into the seat foam through a rip in the vinyl!

Solution = mothballs! They hate them!

I once found a nest inside my air box! Another repellent is Bounce dryer sheets. RV'ers swear by them and smell a whole lot better.

Moth balls ..... put them all over the sled,foot ledge's, on the skis,all around the area . then put steel wool in the openings of the exhaust and any other opening that is critical. If they chew some of that there done, this has worked for everyone I know that does this! Just the odor stops them.

Nothing works better than traps & Cats! I had moth balls, bounce dryer sheets plus an electronic pest sensor and my boathouse had an entire family of the little bastards in it! Set four traps and within two weeks they were all dead! I even had decon too and that was chewed up and scattered all over the place too!

dryer sheets work well too. i've always stored my boats with dryer sheets in all compartments.

I have also heard bars of Irish Spring soap work well too, never tired them yet but I am going to next year in my boat, sure will be the smell of moth balls!

marsh14 said:
My trailer was full of moth balls. They made a nest on a pile of them with the foam from my side panels.

Sounds like you have some tough mice in NY! :dunno:

I saw a picture on here last year and the mice made a nest out of dryer sheets. I don't think they work very well either.

Cobalt said:
Nothing works better than traps & Cats! I had moth balls, bounce dryer sheets plus an electronic pest sensor and my boathouse had an entire family of the little bastards in it! Set four traps and within two weeks they were all dead! I even had decon too and that was chewed up and scattered all over the place too!

X2 on poison. I use lots of Dee Con where I store my sleds and boat. Keeps the mice away. I'm allergic to cats, so my sinus' tell me that's not an option.

Back