• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Midwest snow report

The trails weren't opened, all gated shut so this was a road ride

Spent the last 5 days in the UP.. Put a fork in it! 5-6 " of snow in the woods.. no snow on lakes at all. 9" ice on the smaller lakes we went to.. Managed to scratch 35 perch and a lone ranger walleye.. Still good to get UP and enjoy some air.. I saw a woman in the woods who was singing like crazy!

1707145846880.png

My maple and plum trees have spring buds on them.... I hope they survive after the drought we had last summer and now this.

This warm weather put an idea in my head that I can’t shake. Going to build a 9 hole golf course on my 19 acres I live on. Wth it’s going to be fun.

Saugers/walleyes/saugeyes. Caught 36 plus one small sturgeon (38"). Daily limit is 4 w 15" min. Kept 4 nice 16-18".
Nice! Were talking fishing on a snowmobile forum?? :o|. You know its #*$&@ year for riding. LOL

I’m buying a Argo six wheel with tracks, run on snow, in lake frozen or not, ride it, fish with it, will be my backup vehicle.

Lakes are finally frozen here, even the mid size bodies of water. 10km out on the lake yesterday there was 6" of solid black ice but sketchy looking without any snow cover. Riding is available but not stellar, more snow on Thursday.

Will be up there all next week so hopefully we can get more riding than we did last week at the TY Giveaway ride when we trailered out to Kingston Plains. We referred to it as 'fish-in-a-fishbowl' riding as you were limited to where you could go but still fun nonetheless.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM ESTSATURDAY...

* WHAT...Lake effect snow. Additional snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches. Higher amounts up to 10 inches are possible north of M-28 to the east of Munising.

* WHERE...Alger, Luce and Northern Schoolcraft Counties.

* WHEN...Until 7 AM EST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions will impact the morning and evening commute. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Back